Thread: I have a problem with this...

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Thumbs Down I have a problem with this...

You apparently have to fill out an online registration form just to have the opportunity to be randomly picked to get the chance to purchase Reds playoff tickets! This is so stupid. In 1999, I remember I was freely able to purchase playoff tickets (which I had to get a refund for thanks to the Mets). Why do teams do this? This is the first time in 11 years that the Reds are good enough for the playoffs and they make you register just for the chance to be picked to purchase tickets. I understand that season ticket holders get priority, but c'mon. They can't sell out their regular season games and now they pull this crap.

rf28

Rookie ERA

Re: I have a problem with this...

A lot of teams have gone to a lottery system for play-offs.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Its the dumbest thing ever. It serves to alienate fans.
    rf28

Rookie ERA
    I had the same problem in 07 and 08. It sucked.
    LeagueTeamRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLKansas City Royals (NYY/TB)3611-351711487
    TBLCleveland Indians1084-6982521
    HSLChicago Cubs2071-17641941

MLB ERA

the market heavily favors the sellers and that's why they can get away with it.

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

I hate the pure luck aspect of it. Luck is a factor of the past, when you would drill the server non-stop with different browsers and windows trying to be one of the few chosen ones, but your determination often was key. I hate it just because it takes the fun out of it. When I don't get selected, I have never been able to go to Opening Day since they started this lottery stuff, it feels like a rip off.

C you there
    MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by redsfan28 View Post
    You apparently have to fill out an online registration form just to have the opportunity to be randomly picked to get the chance to purchase Reds playoff tickets! This is so stupid. In 1999, I remember I was freely able to purchase playoff tickets (which I had to get a refund for thanks to the Mets). Why do teams do this? This is the first time in 11 years that the Reds are good enough for the playoffs and they make you register just for the chance to be picked to purchase tickets. I understand that season ticket holders get priority, but c'mon. They can't sell out their regular season games and now they pull this crap.

so I did not read that wrong then... I'm not going to bother with it now, I was going to see if I could get some tickets and ask for a couple of days off to go greyhound for a playoff game. but if I have to wait and hope I get picked. then It will be likely to late to purchase Greyhound tickets at a cheaper price like I did already for October 1st and 2nd game against the Brewers

Rookie ERA

Rays are charging season ticket holders 1100 for the play-off "package", you HAVE to purchase the entire package of 10 games, which includes a "tie breaker" that may or may not take place.