Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Brandon Phillips hates the Cardinals.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Re: Brandon Phillips hates the Cardinals.

Carpenter was half in the net holding on for dear life with Suppan and LaRue taking kicks in the back and head for him. Carp was getting kicked too. Still, no excuse for Cueto to start kicking like a little girl. There were a lot of players in the net.

MLB ERA

Cueto probably shouldn't have kicked but it's not like he had time to consider his actions.

What would you do if you were suddenly bumrushed by a huge mob and backed up off your feet? Would you just sit there and take it? or would you use the only line of defense that's available to you considering your orientation to the attackers?

And, again, the fact that he was shoved off his feet is the key here. Carpenter was not shoved off his feet so what happened to him doesn't compare.
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

I say they were all big fans of MMA and wanted to audition for Dana White.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodLeo View Post
    Cueto probably shouldn't have kicked but it's not like he had time to consider his actions.

What would you do if you were suddenly bumrushed by a huge mob and backed up off your feet? Would you just sit there and take it? or would you use the only line of defense that's available to you considering your orientation to the attackers?

And, again, the fact that he was shoved off his feet is the key here. Carpenter was not shoved off his feet so what happened to him doesn't compare.
    Plus the fact Crissy was the one who escalated it in the first place. He knew what he was saying. It wasnt like he was swept up in an escaltation like Cueto.

This isnt the first time for Crissy to run his yap. He's so great that the only way the Reds beat him or Smoltz was that ONLY his balls werent rubbed up last year. He is a pissy little rich boy who has a history of running his yap. Just ask Carlos Lee.
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

If you were a Cy Young winner and a great pitcher, who dominated a specific team, you'd happily talk a lot too.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom_of_Zito View Post
    If you were a Cy Young winner and a great pitcher, who dominated a specific team, you'd happily talk a lot too.
    Does Tim Lincecum openly talk?
    Does Cliff Lee openly talk?
    Does C.C. Sabathia openly talk?

That doesnt include making a specticle when both pitchers are using the same baseballs and you get outpitched. He cries and moans over everything.

Will Cueto get a suspension to move a start back a day? Probably. Deservedly so? Ya. Am I going to fault him for how he acted? Heck no. I'd done the same thing in his shoes.

But Crissy should get the exact same suspension because without him shouting something at Dusty then Cueto doesnt get pinned and doesnt have to kick in self defense.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

If the net isn't there. Cueto hits hit head against a chair or falls into the crowd and it spills over. Carpenter was still standing when he hit the net. You think Cueto had any chance to use his hands in the position he was in? Reef, I have to disagree with you here. Take away the net and look how he was before that.
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodLeo View Post

Carpenter WAS off his feet in the net if you look at the replay. He just wasn't there as long as Cueto was. Cueto was well aware of his actions and chose to kick a guy in the back and face like a little girl. Its not like guys were throwing blows at him. Its like if i wa front row at a concert and backed against the stage by a mob of fans, i'm not going to start kicking. Kicking people with spikes on NEVER acceptable. No punches were thrown his way.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Porter99 View Post
    If the net isn't there. Cueto hits hit head against a chair or falls into the crowd and it spills over. Carpenter was still standing when he hit the net. You think Cueto had any chance to use his hands in the position he was in? Reef, I have to disagree with you here. Take away the net and look how he was before that.
    So were ten other guys, Carpenter included.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Slyder View Post

But Crissy should get the exact same suspension because without him shouting something at Dusty then Cueto doesnt get pinned and doesnt have to kick in self defense.
    Carpenter deserves a suspension for yelling? Hell, half the team for both sides would be suspended. By that logic Phillips, Molina, Carpenter, Rolen, LaRussa and Baker will all be suspended.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer View Post
    Carpenter WAS off his feet in the net if you look at the replay. He just wasn't there as long as Cueto was. Cueto was well aware of his actions and chose to kick a guy in the back and face like a little girl. Its not like guys were throwing blows at him. Its like if i wa front row at a concert and backed against the stage by a mob of fans, i'm not going to start kicking. Kicking people with spikes on NEVER acceptable. No punches were thrown his way.
    Cueto was completely horziontal for a long period of time. Carpenter was not.
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

MLB ERA

Its like if i wa front row at a concert and backed against the stage by a mob of fans, i'm not going to start kicking.
    There's three key differences between this example and what happened to Cueto.

1. Unlike with Cueto's situation, at a concert being "backed" up against the stage you're not going to be pushed horizontal with your feet up in the air and slammed against netting leaving your feet oriented between you and those shoving you against the stage.

2. At a concert you're not being shoved up against the stage as part of a huge melee with people attacking you. It's just happening by chance because of the nature of large crowds.

3. Almost along the same lines as 2, while being shoved against the stage in a concert you a) go into the concert expecting that to happen and b) more than likely are dealing with it for an extended period of time. This compared to a heat-of-the-moment brawl that's taking place unexpectedly with Cueto.

There's a difference between the two situations that could lead to a different instinctive thought process of how to react.
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

After reviewing the replay more and more, Cueto was being backed up into the net BY HIS OWN TEAMMATES. He was never attacked by a huge melee. Nothing and I mean nothing excuses him for kicking players in the back and head with spikes on. He can cry being scared all day long, kicking like a girl with spikes on is not only weak, it's inexcusable.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

On another note, way to back up your words Phillips

MLB ERA

Carpenter deserves a suspension for yelling? Hell, half the team for both sides would be suspended. By that logic Phillips, Molina, Carpenter, Rolen, LaRussa and Baker will all be suspended.
    Carpenter is the one that yelled something that set off the 2nd scrum. Without his loud mouth chirping in whatever it is he said then we don't have Cueto pushed vertical and he wouldnt have needed to kick and thus LaRue wouldnt have gotten kicked. To me its like driving down the highway and you cutting someone off and causing 10 other cars to wreck because of your stupidity. Carp should have to pay the price for lobbing whatever verbal insult he said that led to Cueto getting pined against the fence and panicking. Because you watch the video yes Dusty drops couple F bombs directed at Carp and the Umpire turns completely around to tell him to shut up so the umpire heard it too. That is when everything broke loose.

I dont care substitute Bailey, Harang, CoCo, etc as the one who hurled the insult toward LaRussa and it was Carpenter who got pinned and started panicking my feeling would be the same. Whichever Red instigated the 2nd scrum should miss the same amount of games/starts for creating the situation because without the one you don't have the other.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast