Thread: Reds are in first place!

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Reds Reds are in first place!

And it's mid May. I'll tell you what, I am insanely excited about whats going on with this team. The forbidden question still needs to be asked though. Can this continue?

The direction of this team has completely changed since Dusty Baker had a closed door meeting with his team and that same day tinkered the lineup. But, it was not just the lineup that was woeful at the beginning of the year. The pitching was atrocious. Now, we have a whole new team with a desire to win. Young guys stepping up their game at the plate, the best catching tandem in the game, pitchers hitting, the best defense in baseball, one of the better BARISP in baseball, and pitchers going complete games, pitching shutouts. It has been a wild 3 weeks or so.

Yet will it continue? One game at a time I guess. I hope the ride lasts much longer and carries this team into the playoffs. Keep it up Reds!

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Re: Reds are in first place!

The numbers:

The Reds were able to ascend to the top spot in large part to their starting pitching, which was supposed to be a strength going into spring training, faltered early in the season and has come back to lead the team to a 14 wins in their last 19 games. The Reds have now won seven of their last eight with the starters going 7-1 with a 2.11 ERA with 38 hits, 14 runs, 11 walks and 45 strikeouts in 59.2 innings.
    per C Trent

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Going For It

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

What's even scarier. The Pirates aren't last.

Congrats.

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

To win the Cards series, steal the lead, and do it at home.... beautiful. What a wonderful weekend for Reds baseball, felt almost like the playoffs, as sad as that might seem considering it is barely mid-May.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

They have to keep winning against the teams they should and compete against the teams that they should quite frankly lose to. I say they will be buyers at the deadline.
    rf28