Thread: Hot Pitching Continues, Reds win 5th straight.

Richmond, VA......finally a man with a home
    MLB ERA

Reds Hot Pitching Continues, Reds win 5th straight.

It's nice to see Homer Bailey getting in on the good pitching act with a complete game 4 hit shutout today. Back to Back complete game shutouts. With the off day tomorrow, I sure hope our bullpen doesn't get rusty. I wonder if the Brian Price effect is starting to take hold.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Re: Hot Pitching Continues, Reds win 5th straight.

Amazing pitching performances indeed. I really do think Price has something to do with it. It was only a matter of time before he came around and got to know his guys well enough to get things tweaked where they needed to be. This team is pitching and hitting at an unbelievable pace. Breaking records as they press on. Loving this team right now!

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Let's not forget the lineup we were facing either. Not to discount Cueto's or Bailey's performance, as both would have had good starts against any team, but this was the Pirates. Bailey was incredibly efficient today though, throwing less than 100 pitches and nearly 75 for strikes. That might be higher than desired, but its nice to see that he could keep the strikezone in focus. Did anyone have a chance to watch any of it on MLB.tv (or listen to it) to see/hear how his stuff was looking today? The performance speaks for itself, but I am curious to hear if there was a noticeable change in his attack.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

I listened to it, he seemed just much more under control than before. They praised his pitch effeciency and ability to throw strikes in this game.

I really think that Brian Price has gotten to know these guys a bit. I still worry about Cueto though. When he first came up, he was known as a guy with a ton of control. Something got away from him until this week. Hopefully we see the new and improved Cueto from here on out.

I just love seeing this rotation battle it out for supremacy. It has been a nice change of pace for sure. Let's hope things continue against a true force in the NL this week.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

The competition may have sucked, but look how many wins the pirates have, they've beaten people they really shouldn't have this season (somehow). One small start to consistency is beating the teams you're supposed to beat.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom_of_Zito View Post
    The competition may have sucked, but look how many wins the pirates have, they've beaten people they really shouldn't have this season (somehow). One small start to consistency is beating the teams you're supposed to beat.
    No, I agree Zito. The Pirates are a team with some talent, but it is young talent and when a pitcher has control of a game against a young lineup, it is a death spiral for the batters. I've seen it too many times with the Reds. That was more my point.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Here comes the big test. If we can take 2 of 3 from the Cards, then I like our chances to compete all season. At least we are missing Carpenter this series.
    rf28

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Leake with another great game and Hernandez with a big tag at the plate in the 9th to keep the W intact. Awesome game!

BTW, here are my thoughts on Leake so far:
    http://www.baseballslant.com/blogs/m...reciation.html