Thread: 4/23: Padres at Reds

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Baseball Slant 4/23: Padres at Reds

Reds come off a decent series (for them, as they didn't get swept) against the Dodgers, but now they have to face the NL West-leading Padres. Matt Stairs gets his first start of the season, in left field. Also, the Reds juggled their rotation a bit, having Arroyo go today and Cueto on Saturday.

Rain in Cincinnati though, and tarp on the field.

PADRES
    1. Cabrera SS
    2. J Hairston 2B
    3. Gonzalez 1B
    4. Headley 3B
    5. Venable RF
    6. Stairs LF
    7. Hundley C
    8. Gwynn CF
    9. Correia P

REDS
    1. Dickerson LF
    2. Cabrera SS
    3. Votto 1B
    4. Phillips 2B
    5. Rolen 3B
    6. Bruce RF
    7. Stubbs CF
    8. Hanigan C
    9. Arroyo P

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Re: 4/23: Padres at Reds

Sounds like they are going to get this one in on time. Possible delays though.

Cueto gets a day off because he has thrown a ton in his first few outings. Arroyo has had his regular 4 days rest. So it pretty much means Cueto just gets an extra day and the rotation looks like this:
    Harang
    Leake
    Arroyo
    Cueto
    Bailey

Few Reds moves:
    Viola leaves the Reds system today as well and his headed to Baltimore. I was pretty excited about him for a while and hate seeing him go. But he was the one sent off the 40 man when Leake was called up. Someone had to go, I guess it might not hurt. Time will tell.

Ondrusek was sent down to AAA Louisville and Fisher called up. Fisher has had a pretty good small sample in Louisville this year.

Pedr C Trent:
    Fisher made six appearances for the Bats, throwing eight scoreless innings. He struck out eight, walked one and allowed just one hit for Louisville.
    Lets get a biog start against Che's twin tonight. I would love to see Arroyo have a huge and long lasting game tonight. Cabrera to keep his fire? Hanigan to show he is the real deal? Bruce to keep hitting bombs? Rolen and Votto to continue to lead this team in big ABs? Lets see it all!

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Good news: Matt Stairs is 2-for-4 with 3 RBI in his career against Brandon Arroyo.
    Last edited by DirtyKash; 04-23-2010 at 07:56 PM.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Stairs delivers! A two-run double from Stairs quickly followed by a two-run home run for Tony Gwynn's son. Arroyo is falling into a hole here.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Man. Not a good night for B-Arr. I think I could get a couple of hits off him.