Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Reds Opening Day Lineup Announced

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Reds Reds Opening Day Lineup Announced

I would have preferred seeing Stubbs in this lineup somewhere, but I am happy Dickerson is being used, and being used in the correct spot in the lineup. Hopefully Bruce hits enough that he'll be moved up in the order eventually, but he is still at the stage where he needs to prove that last year was the exception and not the rule with him (although he made a good case of that upon his return late last year.)

Looking forward to the game tomorrow!

1.) Dickerson
    2.) Cabrera
    3.) Votto
    4.) Phillips
    5.) Rolen
    6.) Bruce
    7.) Nix
    8.) Hernandez
    9.) Harang

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: Reds Opening Day Lineup Announced

There is potential abound if you have a lead off presence with the 2-6. Obviously if Dickerson performs and Stubbs ends up taking Nix's spot.. eh, may not be bad right? I've been hearing grumblings that Joey Votto will not have a very good year based on some of his numbers from 2009. But those people don't know everything.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

I wonder who those grumblings are coming from KOZ. I haven't heard anything like that. Then again, there likely has been a million predictions this winter over Votto's future. I for one can't wait to see this guy perform this year. One thing I don't want to get too caught up in though is that he is known to be a slow starter. He has admitted it this countless times. So, if he lacks performance for a while, I would have expected it already.

I am very surprised to see Stubbs not playing CF and Nix getting the nod. Obviously Nix is the better choice over Gomes when facing a right hander. But Dickerson could have started in LF and Stubbs in CF. Yet, I don't hate Nix and would be pumped to see him have a big game at the plate.

I just hope this is going to be a good game. Harang vs Carpenter could be fun to watch as long as Harang can show he still has it. I would have rather seen a better defense out there (Stubbs in CF and Dickerson in LF) for this game because there are some serious hitters in this Cards lineup, but Dusty went with a little more pop in the lineup I guess. Hopefully it evens out somehow.

My big game prediction is going to be for Jay Bruce. I think he comes out of the gates swinging and has a pretty decent game for himself. ESPN is hosting this game fellas, so make sure you catch it!

Also, anyone go to the parade?

MLB ERA

I actually kind of envy the Reds. I love my Mets and I love (most of) the team, but to look at your lineup and see all that youth and potential, I love young teams with massive potential and lower expectations for some reason, and always have.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Same here ljshorty, I love seeing teams like these Reds and the Rays of late who have so many young studs that look to reach a ceiling that is sometimes set at unreachable heights.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Hahahaha Obama getting booed right now at the Nats game!

MLB ERA

Oh absolutely...I mean, I love having guys like David Wright and Jose Reyes and of course Johan and Beltran, but I miss being able to see a lineup where you just get to sit back and watch them grow.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

I am glad to see George Grande get recognized today. I know some weren't crazy about him, but he loved the game, always had some interesting knowledge, and was a true broadcast pro.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Harang has allowed two solo flys, but his heat is back it seems (touched 94 a few times.)

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

There was a blurb in the most recent espn magazine about him coming down to earth. But it was either written by Buster Olner, Tim K, or based on this machine simulator (no not OOTP!) they used to produce computer predictions. Or maybe none of the above. I also read from one of the sabermetric fantasy baseball nerds that Votto was maybe "too" lucky last season.

Quote Originally Posted by redsrbetter View Post
    I wonder who those grumblings are coming from KOZ. I haven't heard anything like that. Then again, there likely has been a million predictions this winter over Votto's future. I for one can't wait to see this guy perform this year. One thing I don't want to get too caught up in though is that he is known to be a slow starter. He has admitted it this countless times. So, if he lacks performance for a while, I would have expected it already.

I am very surprised to see Stubbs not playing CF and Nix getting the nod. Obviously Nix is the better choice over Gomes when facing a right hander. But Dickerson could have started in LF and Stubbs in CF. Yet, I don't hate Nix and would be pumped to see him have a big game at the plate.

I just hope this is going to be a good game. Harang vs Carpenter could be fun to watch as long as Harang can show he still has it. I would have rather seen a better defense out there (Stubbs in CF and Dickerson in LF) for this game because there are some serious hitters in this Cards lineup, but Dusty went with a little more pop in the lineup I guess. Hopefully it evens out somehow.

My big game prediction is going to be for Jay Bruce. I think he comes out of the gates swinging and has a pretty decent game for himself. ESPN is hosting this game fellas, so make sure you catch it!

Also, anyone go to the parade?
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

I never disliked him. He is known as the nicest guy in the world. I found him a bit boring, but he played his part well. I had all kinds of problems catching this game today. It was supposed to be on ESPN, and it wasn't for me. I finally decided that they must be showing this locally. Yet, the Fox Sports Channel out here is Fox Sports South and hosts the Braves games. So, I checked mlb.tv and found out the Reds games are blacked out in my area. PISSED ME OFF!

Then I checked all local channles on my cable network and finally found FSN. This is Fox Sports Tennessee! The Reds game is on! Now, all I hope for is that when the Braves game starts, it doesn't take presedence.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Rolen should not have cut that off.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Vottomatic! Opposite field. Hows that for a slow start? Good job baby!

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Votto isn't coming down to Earth, today anyway, 2-2 with his second hit being a blast to left. Reds are finally on the board.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Rolen gets the run back! Here we go baby!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast