Thread: Larkin back in a Reds uni as a roving instructor

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Reds Larkin back in a Reds uni as a roving instructor

“I’ll do whatever they want me to,” Larkin said. “I know that they have young shortstops in the organization. I think that’s one of the reasons they brought me back as well as Sean Casey. I think the last time this organization won is when we were playing. You can have the different pieces, but I think there’s an aura they’re trying to create. I commend them for having all the guys back.

“I know when I was playing, having the veterans come back gave me a sense of the history, the proud history.”
    http://cincinnati.com/blogs/reds/201...-on-returning/

Great news! Him and Casey back and working with the team is only good news. Hopefully what they have to say to the young guys will ring true. I am just glad that the bridges are starting to be mend between Lark and the Reds.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Re: Larkin back in a Reds uni as a roving instructor

Very true mission. I like seeing Larkin back with the club. He has mentioned wanting to help out for quite a while now. He and Casey are two super leaders and could definitely add to the culture that the Reds are trying to develop.

I still remember how Larkin learned spanish so he could communicate with all his teammates. That example alone could spark enough attention in a young guy to see what a big leaguer is supposed to be. And Sean Casey would just be insanely fun to be around. I like their presence for sure!