Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Orlando Cabrera signed to a one year deal worth $3MM

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

re: Orlando Cabrera signed to a one year deal worth $3MM

That's rough man, I hope you have a speedy recovery though.

And yeah, Cabrera is a gamer. That is the one thing we have lacked in recent years is true leaders so adding some veteran leaders like you mentioned could be huge with our young guys especially.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

I hope you are on the fast track to recovery man. Achilles problems cannot be fun. The Reds had a minor league slugger a few years ago that went down with a ruprtured achilles and he never was the same. I can't remember the name for the life of me though. I am sure if I refered to MVP 2005 on PS2, I would find it. Anyhow, I will say aprayer for your speedy recovery bip.

As for Hudson and Felo; I think Hudson is a dead thought. One the fans think highly of, but has never been reported as speculation whatsoever. The Reds stayed away simply because of pricetag. But what about Felo? Should we bring him back? If the Reds believe that he cannot play SS still, then they will not consider him either. Something tells me that it is common knowledge that Phillips will not move to SS. This is the second year that Hudson is available all the way to the bitter end, and the Reds have not been mentioned even once as showing the slightest interest. Yes, as said before, money is an issue. But if Felo would command the same as Cabrera, he seems like the best answer as far as bang for your buck.

I think it is all boiled down to Phillips contention to remain at 2B.

Also, this in from Tim Brown via Twitter:

Orlando Cabrera, choosing between Rockies and Reds, leaning toward Reds. Likely done today.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Jim Bowden:

Jocketty's patience pays off with Cabrera and Gomes close to signing with Reds and Castellini's payroll budget flexibility a key
    Sounds like we may be getting both of them. I would be really happy to see Gomes come back as well.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Re: Orlando Cabrera signed to a one year deal worth $3MM

Its a done deal:

Tim Brown via twitter:
    Cabrera agrees to 1-year deal with Reds. 3 mil. Second-year option for another 3 mil.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

I truly hope it is a team option and not a player option. But I am happy to see it was for one year. 3 million was a bit more than I hoped, but not catastrophic. Now, I just hope the money isn't spoiled for the draft or trade deadline.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

I just read that Cabrera's deal is now for $2.02 million this year with a mutual option worth $4 million next year. If the player declines, the buyout is $500K, if the team declines the buyout is $1 million.

So, at worst, if we do not take the option, we pay Cabrera $3.02 million including the buyout. That's a much better deal. I like it a lot more now!

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Yep, I can tolerate that. Who wants to be the .02 million this year was Cabrera and his agent trying to squeeze out a few more bucks? The kind of cash that they knew they could ask for and get. Probably went out and had a killer steak dinner after they got it too.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123