Thread: Rumor: reds interested in Orlando Hudson

Rumor: reds interested in Orlando Hudson

From the Toronto paper: "The Boston Red Sox, Cincinnati Reds and Tampa Bay Devil Rays all are interested in Orlando Hudson."

Not really any detail, but i don't know why we would be looking for another weak hitting 2b man, don't we have enough of those? He's not even that young any more. Does DanO know who Olmedo is?
    Reds MVP Race

6: Arroyo, Harang
    5: Kearns
    4: Phillips
    3: Dunn, Felo, Freel, Milton
    2: Claussen, EdE, Griffey, Valentin
    1: Aurilia, Hatteberg, Lizard, Larue, Shackelford

MLB ERA
    Hudson left last nights game with tightness in his hammy...i could see why cincy wants him
    i'm scraped and sober but there's no one listening
    [myspace][podcast (10/13)][article]

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Hudson is a pretty slick fielder but why would we want him? Freel is superior to him in terms of what we need (a high OBP leadoff man with blazing speed) and we have Bergolla waiting in the minors. This team just doesnt make sense.

MLB ERA
    I'm starting to believe hes trying to get himself fired. This just doesnt make sense.
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    Why does this organization continue to overlook Freel? He earned a starting spot last season. And this season, he has gotten even better. Yet, he still is not viewed as a starter?

I see Wally's point on Olmedo as well. But you definitely cannot sleep on Freel. No trade. please!

my only problem with freel is that it seems like he has a legitimate problem staying on the field. He is so tough on his body all the time, which makes him great, i just don't feel comfortable counting on him as a starter at a single position. Maybe he'll prove me wrong in the second half.
    Reds MVP Race

6: Arroyo, Harang
    5: Kearns
    4: Phillips
    3: Dunn, Felo, Freel, Milton
    2: Claussen, EdE, Griffey, Valentin
    1: Aurilia, Hatteberg, Lizard, Larue, Shackelford

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    I see what you are saying. But I thik he has pretty much been a 2B all year. I know Aurilia and Jiminez had a lot of starts in front of him, but Freel has been the only solid regular there. He has been great the last two years and I don't see why we sit back on that. If he messes up, we have Olmedo to step in. Then if that does not work, Bergolla should be close to ready next season as well. I say we get rid of Aurilia, and keep Olmedo on as the utility infielder. If one of them is to fail, then we have Begolla to fall back on. We have no room for Hudson.