Thread: Chris Booker?

Chris Booker?

O'Brien said Booker, 28, simply isn't Major League-ready.

"We appreciate the statistics and that he's performed well," O'Brien said. "But at this juncture, our player development staff and scouts felt Standridge was the best choice to help our club today. We trust our scouts and player development staff to give the appropriate feedback on these decisions."

http://reds.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/...=.jsp&c_id=cin

I guess Dan wants to wait until Chris turns 30????
    If Dan thinks he is never going to get a chance regardless of how well he does then why is he even in AAA? Why not cut him? Why is Dan a GM???? but, maybe Im overeacting

no you're not over-reacting, this is ridiculous. DanO is just crazy about anyone who has ever played for the rangers. He says in that article that Standbridge is someone that "our organization" has had it's eye on for years. I'm not sure he knows what his organization is anymore. You do know that you're the GM for the reds not the rangers right Dan? Maybe that's why we haven't seen many moves yet, he thinks we're doing well because the rangers are winning.
    Reds MVP Race

6: Arroyo, Harang
    5: Kearns
    4: Phillips
    3: Dunn, Felo, Freel, Milton
    2: Claussen, EdE, Griffey, Valentin
    1: Aurilia, Hatteberg, Lizard, Larue, Shackelford

I know I'm giving OB the benefit of the doubt here even though he doesn't deserve it but I think what he meant by that comment was that Booker didn't fit what they want right now and that is a bottom of the staff mop-up guy to come in when Ortiz or Hudson gets racked in the 2nd inning. OB feels he's set with short guys with Wagner, Weathers, Mercker and Belisle.

So I'll give him a pass for now but I'll be ticked if Booker isn't given a good look in Cincinnati sometime this year, preferably by Aug 1st.