Thread: Dunn rumored to go to the Astros: Again

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Dunn rumored to go to the Astros: Again

Dunn deal?
    As of Monday afternoon, Astros owner Drayton McLane said general manager Tim Purpura had not asked him to approve a trade for Cincinnati slugger Adam Dunn, a New Caney High graduate.

According to a report, the Astros have been working on a deal to acquire Dunn for prospects Ezequiel Astacio, Taylor Buchholz and Fernando Nieve.

"He hasn't brought anything to me," McLane said of Purpura. "That's why you're catching me totally off guard. I don't know of anything like that, but we would have to look at what we'd have to give up.

"You look at each of the last six years, we've given up two to four players every year. So it catches up to you."

Purpura later told the Chronicle the rumored trade was a "media fabrication."

http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory.mpl/sports/3252593

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    Isn't this the same Astacio that we shelled this past week? He gives up more HR/IP than Milton does. No way this trade should even be discussed. There better be another "Negatory" in DanO's vocabulary coming out soon.

Sounds like another bogus rumor to me as most of them are this time of year. If Dunn is dealt between now and the deadline I expect it'll be to a contender. An Astros deal if done at all would probably be an off season one.

I for one do not want to see him dealt to another NL Central team. With our pitching it could get ugly. We think Sanders and Tucker pummell us...

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Per Rotoworld:

Astros owner Drayton McLane and GM Tim Purpura both denied reports that the club was working on a trade sending pitchers Ezequiel Astacio, Fernando Nieve and Taylor Buchholz to the Reds for Adam Dunn.
    The Astros would probably be willing to bring Dunn home, but considering how much they'll have to pay him in the future, they're unlikely to give up three of their four best pitching prospects for him. Jul. 5 - 1:30 pm et