Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Randa is being worshiped already.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Reds Randa is being worshiped already.

Welcome aboard, Joe
    Newcomer Randa delivers Reds victory on Opening Day

By Marc Lancaster
    Post staff reporter

The cheers for Austin Kearns' excuse-me, opposite-field single never had a chance to fade as the fans rose to their feet to cheer with Adam Dunn striding to the plate.

The big Texan had already done it once Monday, providing the only gasp of life the Reds could muster against Pedro Martinez with a three-run blast in the first inning. Surely, he could do it again against Mets closer Braden Looper, down two in the ninth. When he did it again, tying the score with another shot to right, Great American Ball Park exploded.

There was a chance now. The Reds could actually win on Opening Day for only the second time in eight years. But what would this new guy, Joe Randa, do?

He would take his time. A called strike, then a swinging strike, then a foul ball. Then three balls to run the count full and another foul. A professional at-bat, as they say. Finally, on the eighth pitch he saw from Looper, Randa reached out and pulled one just over the wall in left-center for the first walk-off home run in Reds' Opening Day history.

Reds win, 7-6. Cincinnati, meet your new third baseman.

Welcome aboard, Joe
    Newcomer Randa delivers Reds victory on Opening Day

http://news.cincypost.com/apps/pbcs....504050317/1027

AAA ERA
    joe is quickly climbing up the list of my fav. players

AAA ERA
    yeah, and that article was before his huge Grand Slam last night, our new 3rd baseman is my New favorite player
    you think its too soon for Joe Randa night

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    HaHa. I think it is, but could be a good idea. I know that Randa cannot keep a pace on his early stride, buthe is leading this team to victories right now. I just hope we get a hot bat like this from at least a few guys a night. Right now it has been Randa. Honorable mentions for Griffey and LaRue as well. This is team hitting.

Reds

I picked him up in a couple of my fantasy leagues, even though Fanball.com predicted a .285-10-60 finish for him.
    SBSL-Washington Nationals

MLB ERA
    welcom back to the forums CS
    i'm scraped and sober but there's no one listening
    [myspace][podcast (10/13)][article]

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    Fanball is wrong all the time! I really have no clue what that is though. Anyhow welcome CS The Reds Fan! We have an excellent forum here and I know all of us enjoy it. Hopefully we will see a lot of you this year. By the way, the name sounds familiar, do I know you from somewhere?

MLB ERA
    Welcome CS
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

Randa will be a solid all around player, but don't expect this all season. The numbers given as a prediction are probably accurate, though he could hit for a few more homers.

Reds

Quote Originally Posted by redsrbetter
    Fanball is wrong all the time! I really have no clue what that is though. Anyhow welcome CS The Reds Fan! We have an excellent forum here and I know all of us enjoy it. Hopefully we will see a lot of you this year. By the way, the name sounds familiar, do I know you from somewhere?
    Probably from the old forum.

Im WVRed on Redszone too.
    SBSL-Washington Nationals

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    Ok great. Good to have you back on board man!

Randa also seems to be a very good fielder at the hot corner as well. He made some great plays in the second game against the Mets. Looking good in the first three games but uh-oh here come the Astros on the road.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by CS The Reds Fan
    Probably from the old forum.

Im WVRed on Redszone too.
    Ah, I know you.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

AAA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedMachine
    Randa also seems to be a very good fielder at the hot corner as well. He made some great plays in the second game against the Mets. Looking good in the first three games but uh-oh here come the Astros on the road.
    that is my absolute favorite part, that and he seems to be pretty clutch.. but no doubt it is nice to not have a huge gaping hole at 3rd this year, he is the real deal as a fielder and that should be enough of an improvement of the last few years and his bat is icing on the cake

MLB ERA
    who knows, maybe Joe Randa will become the Reds' version of Mark Loretta, as in the small no name guy picked up in the offseason that becomes one of, if not the best offensive threat on the team.

(although with Adam Dunn on the roster, it'd be kinda hard to become THE best...but you catch my drift)
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast