Thread: FeLo's an all-star on Manager's selection

FeLo's an all-star on Manager's selection

I guess it is because every team needs a player (no Reds OF), but Felipe Lopez is your rep.
    http://strike3forums.com/forums/phot...pelbon2006.jpg

Then out of fairness to the others you will be Slagathor.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    YES! He is the single player that deserved it more than anyone else on this team. I wish a few more made it, but Lopez is a good choice.

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Not a surprise he was it or our only selection. Glad to see I can remove my sig line.

He should be starting over Eckstein, but whatever, some fans are idiots or don't pay attention to what's going on, or were just unaware of FeLo's ownage.

Funny thing, NONE of the STL starters should start (although I figure Pujols will be the DH deservingly). Rolen is outdone by a number of 3B in and not in the game, Eckstein is outdone by Lopez, and Edmonds could be replaced by Jones...or Cabrera...or Bay...

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Cards fans are just ballot box stuffers. Greatest fans my ass. I don't vote for Reds for all positions, I vote for the best player I can determine base on stats. Pujols is reasonable to give a lot of votes for but as you pointed out, there are much better options than the other Cards going.

Oh and Cabrera getting no love is just ludicris.

Cabrera and Bay are having sick seasons, at least they both got into the ASG.

Yeah, the Boston fans are really bad with ballot stuffing (even I have to admit), but at least we only put in our deserving player (Ortiz or Hafner I'd be fine with at DH, Tek was the best catcher, Damon was the 2nd best OF and Ramirez is an arguable guy). We only got Kevin Millar to third place and guys like that.

I never really bought the whole super-classy Card fan thing. They boo, they stuff the boxes, and it took by FAR the best year in baseball to beat Pujols at 1B.

They put at least two players who didn't even deserve to be in the game into starter's roles (Eckstein and Rolen (FeLo/Hall and Ensberg/Ramirez (or Wright, or someone else I am forgetting)).

I saw Lopez's name on the roster for the All-Star game and he surely earned it this season. It is tough to know that the team didn't get any others on there but with the performance thus far they didn't earn it. I too don't like the balloting picking favorites instead of those having a good year. I still wish that the voting was done by players and coaches rather than the fans. I know it is a fan's game, but give the kudos to those having a good year at the present, not ones that have been good in the past. The backups could be voted in by team fans since every team is required to have at least one rep for the game.