Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Freel busted for DUI

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21
    This is enough to change my mind about him deserving the starting spot. As a Cincinnati Red he needs to keep his image clean. DJ and him were fighting last year, now a DUI? Maybe Ryan plays life the way he plays the game: wreckless. :
    Maybe he's angry/jealous that DJ got the starting job and this led to this situation? Pure speculation, but the fact that he might not be best of friends with DJ might have made him even angrier after the way he played last season.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    I doubt that is what led to it. Given the win last night, there had to be excessive level of party going on. I know I would of partied last night, but I would of called for a cab.

As for tremere and wally, no way. Wally had a complete different baseball philosophy and probably made the most quality posts on the forum (not a rip on tremere, just wally really made his posts count.)

MLB ERA
    I doubt that is what led to it. Given the win last night, there had to be excessive level of party going on. I know I would of partied last night, but I would of called for a cab.

As for tremere and wally, no way. Wally had a complete different baseball philosophy and probably made the most quality posts on the forum (not a rip on tremere, just wally really made his posts count.)

I'm sure there was partying. He definitely should have called a cab though if he knew he was going to drink that much.

I still at least have to consider the possibility that he was angry over not starting. Who knows though.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    My thought on the tremere and Wally thing was that tremere disapeared and Wally showed up. They never had the opportunity of a conversation. But tremere did have great points as well. I think tremere changed his name and stopped the useless hate talk and came back strong. Just my sappy theory.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by redsrbetter
    My thought on the tremere and Wally thing was that tremere disapeared and Wally showed up. They never had the opportunity of a conversation. But tremere did have great points as well. I think tremere changed his name and stopped the useless hate talk and came back strong. Just my sappy theory.
    Tremere had said how he moved to Kentucky though, while I remember that Wally's location said he lived in Boston.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by CincyRedsFan30
    Tremere had said how he moved to Kentucky though, while I remember that Wally's location said he lived in Boston.
    How hard would it be to create and name, we both know one on another board that has been known to create a name just so someone agreed with him on the aol board. I wouldnt worry too much about it.

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Unless tremere had split personalities, really no chance IMO. Wally was a lot more levelheaded and like mentioned, his stance on baseball was radically different. Tremere was in the old-school of thought heavily from what I recall.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    I guess maybe I am just crazy. You guys have to be right, but it was an interesting thought. No harm no foul I hope for the reps of tremere and Wally. Seriously would be nice to get both of those guys back though.

MLB ERA
    Unless tremere had split personalities, really no chance IMO. Wally was a lot more levelheaded and like mentioned, his stance on baseball was radically different. Tremere was in the old-school of thought heavily from what I recall.

I agree. I didn't always find myself in agreement with either one completely, but I think Wally did a better job of making his points.(And I probably agreed with him more often)

Seriously would be nice to get both of those guys back though.
    I would love to have Wally back...but not tremere.

If you want a peaceful board, don't invite tremere back. We don't get along.

I don't think anyone really got along with him.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    Freel pleads not guilty

Ryan Freel, a Reds reserve, faces DUI and other charges.
    The Enquirer/Jeff Swinger
    Zoom
    NEWPORT - Cincinnati Reds player Ryan Freel pleaded not guilty to drunken driving and other charges in a court appearance on Wednesday in Campbell County District Court.

The backup infielder and outfielder was arrested Monday night in Newport after the Reds' Opening Day win that afternoon.

He was charged with driving under the influence of alcohol, having an open alcoholic beverage container in a vehicle, careless driving and driving on an expired license plate.

Freel, 29, was in court with his attorney for a 9 a.m. hearing Wednesday. Circuit Judge Julie Reinhardt Ward set a pretrial hearing for April 19. She also suspended Freel's driving privileges in Kentucky.

Freel is free on $500 bond. He briskly walked out of the courtroom, making no comment.

Freel was stopped on Interstate 471 by Bellevue police Monday at 11:15 p.m. after the officer noticed him driving his GMC Tahoe erratically, police reports said. The player was cooperative with police. Police reports said his speech was slurred and his eyes appeared to be glassy and bloodshot. He failed sobriety field tests, according to police. After his arrest, he refused to take a breath test.

Reds general manager Dan O'Brien and manager Dave Miley said Tuesday they couldn't talk about pending legal proceedings, but that they do not condone the type of behavior Freel was charged with.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12