Thread: Off-season sleeping pills

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Reds Off-season sleeping pills

This has got to be the most boring offseason the Reds have had in years. Rolen had his deal restructured and Laynce Nix is coming back... yay? Oh and we have had rumors that any sane fan would realize to be a bad move if it came to fruition (ie dealing Harang at his lowest value in an effort to lose salary.)

I wasn't exactly expecting us to go out and get Holliday or trade for Halladay... but addressing the glaring needs this team has would have been nice.

But I guess the fact that there hasn't been any massive boneheaded moves should be good news by itself.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Re: Off-season sleeping pills

Jocketty is supposedly looking for players demanding a minor league contract. Needs won't be met. He is quoted many times this offseason as saying he likes where the team is at now. We've heard it all before and their liking never equates to much.

Although, there still are many things to be optimistic about. I just wish we had a healthy Volquez. Things would look so much less bleak.

I agree though, I may need some sleeping pills to help me bypass this standard maintenance. The Reds are almost as bad as the skill being illustrated in the White House. It is a lot of fun watching a whole bunch of nothing. It's as if we are reading the wisdom of a guy who has been experienced, yet his experiences were of something found in Field Of Dreams and he can't relate them to the Sandlot part II experiences he is having now.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Minor league deals? The path to sure success of course.

Remember years ago when people talked about 2010 as the year of competing? Citing numerous prospects, some of which are here and others who haven't panned out or were traded, as part of the core, the core that will start winning.

Well, I guess we always have 2011, 2012, 2013... ugh.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

This team hasn't made the decision to spend money since I have been a fan. And this team hasn't had a winning season since I have been a fan. Correlation?

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Well, they have spent money (Milton, Cordero, Gonzalez, extensions) it just wasn't the right amount or to the right player. And in Tavaez's case, both statements apply.
    Posted via Mobile Device