According to Fox Sports, Jocketty may be looking to dump salary in trading Cordero.

Cincinnati is shopping Francisco Cordero, hopefully that unloading the $25 million he is due the next two years will help ease financial restraints the franchise is facing.
Check It Out Here

I am all for getting rid of the contract. The guy has been a clubhouse leader. Especially for Cueto and Volquez. He has put up real nice numbers as well. Posting a 2.16 ERA to go along with 39 saves in 2009. But he is also one of the most expensive closers in the game commanding a $12,125,000 salary next season.

Trading CoCo gives Jocketty payroll flexibility. Not moving him, gives this team a better chance at contention. Yet the thought of this team contending is pretty far fetched at this point.

Unless Jocketty could flip CoCo for major league ready talent young enough to help now, this would not be a plan for the better of the 2010 Reds. Since that scenario is incredibly unlikely; what if he gets offered a few mediocre to good prospects for Cordero and cash?

I think that would be the most likely offer from the field of GMs. Perhaps Jocketty is simply getting a feel for how desperate teams are for a good closer. If that is the case, we may see some fruit from this tree afterall.

The best case scenario would be for us to see a decent prospect return and at least the majority of his remaining 4 years ($12.125 mil per) payed for by the team trading for him.

Sign me up for that scene!