Thread: Both Aaron Harang and Bronson Arroyo clear waivers

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Reds Both Aaron Harang and Bronson Arroyo clear waivers

Not surprising really. Considering the Reds lack of payroll flexibility, I imagine they would love to trade one of them this August.
    Reds starters Aaron Harang and Bronson Arroyo have cleared trade waivers, major-league sources told FOXSports.com.

Since Harang and Arroyo went unclaimed, it's apparent that other teams don't value them at the full amount of their respective salaries. But it's possible that the right-handers could interest teams searching for veteran rotation help down the stretch.

Harang is under contract for next season at $12.5 million, Arroyo at $11 million. (Cincinnati holds club options on both for 2011.) The Reds would probably need to assume a portion of that money in order to move either pitcher.

Cincinnati recently added $6.25 million to its 2010 payroll by acquiring third baseman Scott Rolen from Toronto.

Harang defeated the San Francisco Giants on Sunday for his first victory since May 25. He is 6-13 with a 4.43 ERA but has recorded an out in the seventh inning in four of his past five starts.

Arroyo has an ERA above 5.00 this season but is 2-3 with a 3.02 ERA over his last six starts, according to research through Retrosheet.org.
    Sources: Reds' Harang, Arroyo clear waivers - MLB News - FOX Sports on MSN

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: Both Aaron Harang and Bronson Arroyo clear waivers

Marlins would never take on that kind of pay roll, but they could use Harang. Same for the cubs with all their injuries. Brewers too but, really, none of these NL teams are in a position to take on a lot of salary.

Boston is another option but I'm sure the Nation will have none of it with the greatness of Clay Buchholz, Brad Penny, John Smoltz, Matt Clement, Hiploto Pichardo, Jeff Suppan, and whatever else.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.