Thread: Dunn

AA ERA

(RUMOR) Dunn being shopped!

Last edited by redsrbetter; 06-30-2005 at 02:53 AM. Reason: new title

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

(RUMOR) Dunn being shopped!

WOW, nice find RF4L! I wonder if this is something that is really being talked about, or if it is just the common sense thought that we all have suspected. The way he put it in this article with it being the opening remarks, makes it seem like it really is a legitimate thing going on.

I would seriously trade Dunn for a legitimate ace. But we need something huge and none of us trust that DanO has the ability to do that.

MLB ERA
    Why does every trade rumor involving dunn have us getting another OF in return? I think its safe to say we have enough with Griffey, Freel, Kearns, Wily Mo, Kelly. Granted some of those like Jason Lane would be another great hitter (and a welcomed addition) but Id rather get more pitching spects.
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes

Holy crap. I never thought that this season could get so crazy. We thought we were going to contend this year, or at least be competitive. Now we're talking about trading Dunn? I don't want DanO to trade Dunn. If they hire someone like Krivitsky, and he trades Dunn, then so be it. But I just can't condone hiring a GM, having him bring in the two worst pitchers in baseball, and Rich Aurilia, force the manager to play bad players, then trade the franchise player. It seems like DanO is a double agent or something, brought in to destroy the reds.
    Reds MVP Race

6: Arroyo, Harang
    5: Kearns
    4: Phillips
    3: Dunn, Felo, Freel, Milton
    2: Claussen, EdE, Griffey, Valentin
    1: Aurilia, Hatteberg, Lizard, Larue, Shackelford

The more I think of it, the more sense it makes to do a re-do of 2003. Fire O'Brien, re-appoint the interim GMs and hire the Twins Asst Gm or whoever as soon as possible. This would keep O'Brien from turning this horrible season into a complete disaster.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    I wonder if we traded Dunn, would we really get anything for him. Anyone wanting Dunn by the deadline is looking for a playoff push. So there is no way that they would give up a valuable pitcher. Unless we get in on another team looking to sale towards the future, we may never see this happen.

I really think the guy to trade is Pena. It seems to me he'd have more value than Dunn. Basically he's a RH Dunn--Hits for tremendous power, is a hack in the field and strikes out a lot. Pena doesn't have Dunn's batting eye yet but that may very well improve and the main reason Pena's value should be higher is because the money he makes will be much less. John Fay keeps reporting that Adam Dunn is due to make $8mill+ next year I don't know that I agree with that but he will be making significant coin.

Someone has to be traded before next year in this OF. Not because I concerned with anyone's feelings out there (hear me Austin?) but because there are too many holes that need to be addressed and we don't have the luxury of sitting on this glut of talent any longer.

I think Pena will put up monster numbers in his career if he stays healthy but we can't have a whole team of shaky fielding, strike out prone power hitters. I'd like to see him dealt and get a comfortable return.

MLB ERA
    Dunn has more value than anyone if a good GM is wanting him. Perhaps Ed Wade or someone like him would like Pena more, but not real GMs.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Pena is a poor choice to trade in my opinion. A lot of teams will try to get him at a discount for the reasons you mention Ray and I really doubt we could get a similar player with his type of ceiling. Wily's game is full of holes but supposedly he is one of the hardest workers on the team so if there is someone who can max their talent, I really do think he is the one, especially considering how young he is.

Our best bet is to just trade the vets because for any of the 3 OF'ers, I don't think we will get the quality of players we expect. If Kearns gets his act together, I believe all three young outfielders will cause us a lot of pain if we saw any of them with another team when we look at what we got for them. Trading either Kearns, Dunn or Pena just isn't wise, none of them are at a exceptionally high value and all have the potential to raise their trade value. If Dunn was a FA next season I can see these rumors, but why rush? Same with Pena and Kearns. They are just going to get better and increase their value. We're not competiting, can't we afford to keep them all for a bit more? I hope whoever is making the trades doesn't trade these young men unless a fair value is coming back.

MLB ERA
    I really don't like the four outfielders issue though. I don't think it's good for the team. Maybe someone is going to surprise us all and bite on Griffey before the deadline?
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    That's what I am saying CRF. Try to get rid of the vets. Casey or Griffey needs to be moved so we can free up money to sign Dunn to a LTC and also keep intact to the team Wily Mo and Kearns. Trading Dunn should only happen if we get a pitcher worthy of a kid who if healthy, will hit 500 homers with no doubt.

MLB ERA
    Also one who is on pace for over 700 HR if he keeps hitting the number of HR he is on pace to hit this year.

It amazes me that some still fault his game as it is right now.

But we definitely need to move Griffey's contract if we can. As I've said before, unless we get a number one and number two starter for Dunn, he shouldn't be traded(at least a number one and a prospect with a "number two type" potential).