Thread: At least Narron looks like he cares...

At least Narron looks like he cares...

Guys, I'm pissed off right now. You know the spill. It's frustrating to be a Reds fan right about now. I believe, though, that once you're a fan of a team, you truely NEVER let go of that team. The team will always be mine, but still....

The way that Miley would just sit there with a clueless look on his face, and quite often, a look of "I don't give a shit", just peeved me. To me, if a manager can't play the game, he ought to at least CARE about the game. Miley was thinking of retirement, often, as a Reds' manager, IMO. Narron is visibly upset with the way the team is playing, and he is always business. Shaking hands when the team wins, giving a cold shoulder when it squanders opportunity after opportunity.

Today Narron looked like he was about to have a heart attack. Truely, if I were Narron I would have taken the ball AND his glove, and thrown his glove in the stands. I'm sorry, but with the way that Ortiz was all smiles about his pathetic performances under Miley, and looking to be damn near tears under Narron, tells me that Ortiz really didn't give a shit under Miley. He was just out there to have fun, while the team is out there to win games.

I'm just burning up right now. In my trailer it's probably 90 degrees (the AC keeps freezing up, only seems to work when we turn it off and let it thaw), and yet I can't leave the trailer because I don't want to miss any of the game, AND I have to watch this mess night after night.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    I feel you Quiet. But I really have to say that this team is doing what I want it to do right now. Losing. Sorry, but it is good strategy. I agree with your take on Narron's approach vs. Miley's. Nice observation of Ortiz's expression as well.

I feel your pain and that's why we're true fans. I keep wondering why I watch this trainwreck every night. Maybe I need therapy. I do know I need football season bad.