Thread: A rumor that is like music to my ears

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

A rumor that is like music to my ears

The Reds likely will try to hire Twins assistant general manager Wayne Krivsky to replace GM Dan O'Brien if the Reds don't show improvement in the second half. ...
    Click here for the article

God I hope this is the truth. If so I have one word for all the Reds: lose.

MLB ERA
    omg ahhahashaha "lose"
    i'm scraped and sober but there's no one listening
    [myspace][podcast (10/13)][article]

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    Lose Reds Lose! Man this could be huge. Too bad it is just buzz so far, but it is good enough to get me pumped. Another huge reason for us to lose. Again, I want to see our future players play well and show us that they will have a positive effect on the team next season.

So, has Wayne Krivsky had a hand in the Twins building a great small market organization? I am sure he has something to do with it and I know he has seen first hand on how to do it. He should bring great ideas.

MLB ERA
    I will never openly route for a team of mine to lose, but this is great news IF TRUE. But you know what they say about media people... they are just floating stuff out there so if it does happen they can claim credit for breaking the news.

Also rumors arent worth the words they say until it is no longer a rumor.
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes

The Reds are too DUMB to make a move like that. Dumb owners hire dumb "bean counters", "GM's" and "managers".

MLB ERA
    I expect this move to happen if the team continues to lose, so I'm on the "lose" bandwagon.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

CRF30, if I knew that the Reds could get such a supposedly good GM, I would root for the team to lose, but.....there is NO way I could sit there and watch that happen. I'd have to go outside.

MLB ERA
    If it's the only way we return to the Glory Days, I'm all for it. It's sad it has come to that, but O'Brien has helped the franchise reach one of its lowest points ever.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

I learned my lesson on hoping they lose from the Bengals. Time and time again I thought "well another 3-13 season and they'll have to get a real coach and Mike Brown will have to get a real GM." But no, idiots do idiotic things. So my suggestion is root for the Reds and hope Lindner/Allen do the right thing but you never know and I don't think their record will mean much in the decision. We already know the record will be bad and it figures to get worse even if only a few veterans get traded.

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    I think O'Brien is a nice guy, probably a great family man, but his talent evaluation is possibly the worst in baseball. Krivsky has proven he knows talent and when to deal for it (although he did suggest to sign Castro...), his pitching evaluation seems to be strong and that's obviously what we need.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    • A national publication claims the Cincinnati Reds are losing patience with GM Dan O'Brien and could fire him in order to hire Twins assistant GM Wayne Krivsky, who interviewed for the position two years ago. "I haven't heard anything about that," said Krivsky, who is scouting in Cincinnati this weekend. "I don't know where that's coming from."

http://www.startribune.com/stories/509/5488357.html

This sucks! I have to trust that this was just a rumor until we hear or see otherwise. Man I really had my hopes up on this as well.

The move would be great but I cannot route for the team to lose either. I don't think the team's ability is going to change anytime soon though, even with me wishing for them to start winning. This move would be a boost for the team's future and hopefully the ownership, which I thought would improve when Marge left, gets its collective head removed from their derrier and sees this also. Until then I will cringe evertime the REDS show up on the ESPN ticker.