Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Trade idea

Quote Originally Posted by AdamDunn#44
    Again, HELL NO.

Larue is better than Estrada, Lopez is waaaaaaaaaaaaay better than Furcal, and Larew is not a great prospect. good but not great.

you want Dunn? start with Davies, Betemit/Marte, and Chuck James.

Better than Furcal? You have GOT TO BE SHITTING ME. He's having a good season. How did he do the two years before that? .213 and .241, that's how, not to mention the fact that Furcal owns Felipe's soul in baserunning, steals, defense and Furcal's cannon cannot be mentioned in the same sentence as Felipe's sausage.

Also, do you think I'm stupid enough not to realize that you already have a SS and a C? Well, in case you think I am, lemme elaborate. Since you can't think outside the box, I'll do the thinking for you.

Braves send:
    C Johnny Estrada (Giants)
    SS Furcal (Giants)
    P Lerew (Giants)

Reds send:

OF Dunn (Atlanta)
    SP Milton (Giants)

Giants send:

SP Schmidt (Reds)
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

Or:

Braves send:

P Lerew (Reds)
    P Kolb (Rangers)

Reds send:

P Milton (Rangers)

Rangers send:

OF Mench (Braves)

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Generalissimo
    defense and Furcal's cannon cannot be mentioned in the same sentence as Felipe's sausage.
    You do realize that Felipe's arm is in fact quite comperable to Furcal's? Furcal's is a notch above (he is top dawg for the biggest rocket of an arm for SS) and I will not argue that but to diss FeLo's arm is just silly. Most scouts will tell you that his arm is among the top 5 for NL shortstops. And his defense ain't too shabby either. The boy has range.

I am not saying he is superior to Furcal in those categories because he's not but I had to defend him after that comment.

He's not bad. But he's no Furcal.

Besides, top 5 NL shortstops, defensively? Who's there? Furcal...then Alex S. Gonzales? I'd say Felipe's second in the NL SS in Defensive ability...but that's not saying much.

dont lets facts get in the way

Felipe has an OPS over .900

furcal is no where near that. get over it. lopez is a lot better

It's not even half a damn season.

Or:

Braves send:

P Lerew (Reds)
    P Kolb (Rangers)

Reds send:

P Milton (Rangers)

Rangers send:

OF Mench (Braves)
    This one sure makes a lot more sense than that crapola you posted right before this one...

So the Rangers would take a homer prone pitcher and struggling relief pitcher into Arlington along with all their salary and give up Mench?
    http://strike3forums.com/forums/phot...pelbon2006.jpg

Then out of fairness to the others you will be Slagathor.

He's not bad. But he's no Furcal.

Besides, top 5 NL shortstops, defensively? Who's there? Furcal...then Alex S. Gonzales? I'd say Felipe's second in the NL SS in Defensive ability...but that's not saying much.
    Felipe's got wonderful power for a SS and his basestealing should improve if he's properly coached(a big if in our organization). He's also a switch hitter and here's the biggest thing he has over Furcal: He's much cheaper! He's still not arbitration eligible. He's by far a better fit for the Reds.

Admittedly he's only come into his own this year but look at his numbers. They're better than any other NL SS.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123