Thread: Keisler to the DL, Shackleford called up

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Keisler to the DL, Shackleford called up

SUNDAY’S TRANSACTIONS: LHP Randy Keisler on Sunday will go on the 15-day disabled list, retroactive to 6/20, with inflammation in his left elbow...his spot on the roster will be taken by LHP Brian Shackelford, who will be recalled from Class AAA Louisville (31g, 1-6-1, 5.23)...Shackelford will wear uniform number 37...when he pitches will be making his Major League debut.

Why wasn't Booker recalled?

.... or Kelly?

AA ERA
    hahaha. i laugh but it sucks lol

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Shackleford was on the 40 man roster so that's why he got the call. What does Booker have to do to get a look though? I mean really.

And what's up with Keisler? This is the first I heard of his injury.

AA ERA
    CLEVELAND (AP) -- The Cincinnati Reds placed left-hander Randy Keisler on the 15-day disabled list Sunday and recalled lefty Brian Shackelford from Triple-A Louisville.

The move on Keisler, who has inflammation in his left elbow, was made retroactive to June 20. He is the third Reds player to go on the DL in three days, joining outfielder Kenny Kelly, who has torn left knee cartilage, and infielder-outfielder Ryan Freel, sidelined with an inflamed toe on his left foot.

Keisler, 29, had a 2-0 record and 5.49 ERA in 19 2-3 innings over eight relief appearances.

Shackelford, 28, was 1-6 with one save and a 5.23 ERA in 31 appearances for Louisville. When he plays for the Reds, he will become the fourth Cincinnati player to make his major league debut this season, joining third baseman Edwin Encarnacion, infielder Bill Bergolla and right-hander Todd Coffey. -- Via Yahoo sports

AA ERA
    this must be obrien's thoughts..

Chris Booker: Individual Stats (Pitching)
    Team From To W L ERA G GS CG SHO SV IP H R ER HR BB SO
    Louisville Bats 6 1 2.55 31 0 0 0 8 35.1 21 12 10 0 19 46

0 Homeruns.. yes. 6- 1 2.55 ERA is not good enough to be good enough.

to the complete different pitcher

Brian Shackelford: Individual Stats (Pitching)
    Team From To W L ERA G GS CG SHO SV IP H R ER HR BB SO
    Louisville Bats 1 6 5.23 31 0 0 0 1 32.2 35 19 19 1 10 21

so Shackelford is 1-6 with a 5.23 ERA

so in all of this i come to the conclusion tha O brien is just trying to lose and bring up talent that is not ready.. i.e ( look above) Booker would have been a way better choice but what do i know right? i only look at stats something management clearly doesnt

O'Brien if nothing else has showed us that he's a little slow to the punch. I think we'll see Booker soon but not until O'Brien does his deadline trading between now and Aug 1st. Who knows what this team will look like then. If he handles this right we could be set nicely for next year if not then consider it one more reason to fire the guy.

We've got too much OF talent sitting around just taking up space. We need to cash at least one player in on some pitching talent. Bringing up Schackleford isn't going to do any of us any good. We know that. He's just another junk throwing lefty who is only in the major leagues because he throws left handed

MLB ERA
    I can't see where O'Brien's coming from here. Booker has more Wins than Shackelford, and we all know O'Brien thinks only W-L records matter.

I'm stunned he called Shackelford up instead.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    Once again, DanO needs to go! I really want to see Booker pitch for us this year. He certainly has earned it.