Thread: Chris Dickerson?

MLB ERA

Question Chris Dickerson?

What more does Dickerson need to show to get some respect from Duhhsty? Tonight Bruce is out so I understand Hairston being one of the corner outfielders but who does Duhhhsty trot out there in RF? Laynce Nix. Did Dickerson scourn Duhhhsty's daughters advances?

I will never understand why Dickerson gets as little opportunity as he gets from the Reds Franchise. I almost wished theyd trade Dickerson just to see how another franchise handles him and see if he'd go Paul O'Neill on us. I will never understand why he has yet to get a look in CF or everyday starts while Laynce Nix and Darnell McDonald gets starts.
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: Chris Dickerson?

What's his fascination with Nix? He doesn't even have speed or bunting skills
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Dickerson has a full life outside of baseball. He is involved with different environmental issues, is likely one of the more intellectual players the Reds have had in recent years and in other words I doubt Dusty gets a sense of baseball desperation from him. A guy like McDonald gets Dusty's respect, he is a gamer and someone who has stuck in the game for years despite never having success. Dusty will always go with the guy that seems most hungry, hence why Brandon and his attitude are batting 4th.

I am not bashing Baker, but that is how it seems. I do think there is some strategy involved with it as I do not see the Reds trading Dickerson or sending him to AAA but Nix and definitely McDonald are not roster locks and perhaps Baker just wants to give them AB's to weed one of them out and try a better option on the roster. I think he knows what Dickerson can do for the Reds and will use him.

MLB ERA

It drives me nuts. Theres a reason why MacDonald is a 30 yr old rookie. These games count toward 162, the goal should be to put your best team out there and on a night without Jay Bruce there is absolutely ZERO excuse to not play Dickerson REGARDLESS. Both Nix and MacDonald are bench guys and nothing more never will be Dickerson should be the one getting these opportunities to sink or swim at the MLB level.

You can't win a division in April but you surely can lose it. And thats what decisions like tonight cause.
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes