Thread: Best April Fools Prank.....

Richmond, VA......finally a man with a home
    MLB ERA

Best April Fools Prank.....

The Dan Patrick Show (on radio) pulled a nice prank on Reds/Pete Rose fans today. They had Peter Gammons come on and announce that Pete Rose, had gone to court and gotten an injunction to the Dowd(?) Report, and he would be allowed on the hall of fame ballot next year. Anyway, the Hall of Fame had previously asked that Dan not go to far with the prank, as it was a touchy subject. Gammons finally let the cat out of the bag, and baseball fans everywhere called the show saying they had been gotten.....a few Reds fans even called in crying, as their hearts were broken. I still wish it were true, and no, I didn't believe it.

Another one that I heard in the St Louis area, was that Mark McGwire announced that he was on the comeback trail and was prepared to show all the steroid accusers that he was still hall of fame worthy. The radio station reported that he would spend a couple weeks with the Cardinals AAA club in Memphis, and if all went well, he would rejoin the Cardinals in a couple weeks.

Hope everyone had a great day, and nobody got fooled too bad.

AAA ERA
    those were some good pranks....but the best/oldest one is when you tie a string to a dollar and when someone reaches down for the dollar swipe it away.....works everytime....my personal fav.

The Rose one is funny, although that can't help Gammons credibility rating.

Although, my English teacher played a funny one, she gave us a book to read over the week...on the week we finish our research paper. Tool.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    Great jokes there. I had a field day myself with the Holiday in tact. I Love April. Baseball Fever in the air everywhere and you get a Fools Holiday to start it all off. Awesome.

MLB ERA
    The jokes today were funny, although at one particular location, it was stated that John Allen was not retiring Lark's number and then I became angry and wasted time e-mailing sources on whether or not said rumor was true.

I later found out it was an April Fool's joke too... just a very believable one. (:
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    By the way. you got me earlier Adam on your Pena trade joke. Punk! Good job, I should've saw it coming.

MLB ERA
    It's going to be odd calling Claussen "Adam" or "Dunn". I will probably keep calling him Claussen, just because I've gotten used to it, lol.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    Ya it takes some getting used to. Thanks a lot Dunner!

You can call me Claussen...dont matter to me.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by bipster
    Another one that I heard in the St Louis area, was that Mark McGwire announced that he was on the comeback trail and was prepared to show all the steroid accusers that he was still hall of fame worthy. The radio station reported that he would spend a couple weeks with the Cardinals AAA club in Memphis, and if all went well, he would rejoin the Cardinals in a couple weeks.
    A good Aprils Fools joke has to be believable. Mark McGwire announcing a return AFTER Spring Training has ended, to hit all of his homers all over again just sounds silly. I think somebody has watched Mr. 3000 too many times.