Thread: Wagner needs to go to AAA

Wagner needs to go to AAA

Lets be honest guys, this guy was rushed up to the BL's way too fast.

He had a decent ST and a decent April, but has been crap since. His Austin Kearns selfishness also needs to change.

The bottomline is, if changes aren't made, Wagner could become a twin of Todd Van Pop-a-homer.

Thoughts?

His season ERA is well over 6 at this point, and their are certaily more deserving people at AAA right now. Where is chris booker? He's had the organizations best fastball for the last two years, and is enjoying success, but gets ignored over and over again.
    Reds MVP Race

6: Arroyo, Harang
    5: Kearns
    4: Phillips
    3: Dunn, Felo, Freel, Milton
    2: Claussen, EdE, Griffey, Valentin
    1: Aurilia, Hatteberg, Lizard, Larue, Shackelford

MLB ERA
    Wagner is selfish?

That's news to me.

I do think he needs some more time in AAA for a while, but I haven't heard a thing about him being selfish.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

me either. I actually heard that he came to camp in the best shape of his life and had worked really hard in the offseason.
    Reds MVP Race

6: Arroyo, Harang
    5: Kearns
    4: Phillips
    3: Dunn, Felo, Freel, Milton
    2: Claussen, EdE, Griffey, Valentin
    1: Aurilia, Hatteberg, Lizard, Larue, Shackelford

Coaches meet with Wagner
    Gesture toward LaRue Friday night not well received

By John Fay
    Enquirer staff writer

DENVER - Ryan Wagner was called into Reds manager Dave Miley's office after Friday's 12-4 loss to the Colorado Rockies.

Miley, pitching coach Don Gullett and bullpen coach Tom Hume weren't upset with Wagner because he gave up six runs in two-thirds of an inning.

They talked to Wagner about showing up teammate Jason LaRue on the field.

After LaRue held the ball rather than throw to first and complete a double play, Wagner twice gave LaRue the "what were you thinking?" gesture with his hands.

LaRue didn't want to talk about the incident.

"That's not something the press needs to know about," he said.

Miley chose not to talk about the incident either.

Wagner was obviously very frustrated with his performance. Of the six hits he gave up, four were infield hits and two were bloop singles.

"I don't know what to say," Wagner said. "I did what I do - got groundballs - I just didn't get a lot of outs."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Plus, last year in April or May when he was sent to AAA after having an era around 8.00, he complained and said he was shocked that he was being sent down.

MLB ERA
    He's 22 and was coming off of a horrid outing at Coors where he should have had a 1-2-3 inning. It's forgiveable.

MLB ERA
    I don't think that makes him selfish. He was just frustrated with himself and didn't understand why LaRue made things tougher.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.