Thread: Reds Add Jacque And Ward

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Reds Reds Add Jacque And Ward

Outfielder Jacque Jones and first baseman-outfielder Daryle Ward agreed Thursday to minor league contracts with the Cincinnati Reds.

Jones hit a combined .147 last season with one homer and seven RBIs in 116 at-bats. He began the season with Detroit, which cut him on May 5, and then signed two weeks later with Florida. The Marlins cut Jones on June 12.

He has 20 career leadoff homers and twice hit 27 home runs in a season. Jones has a .277 career average over 10 seasons.

Ward hit .216 with four homers and 17 RBIs in 102 at-bats last season with the Chicago Cubs, including a .145 average (8-for-55) with two homers and nine RBIs as a pinch hitter. Ward has 11 career pinch-hit home runs and an overall .263 batting average over 11 seasons.

Both are 33 and bat left-handed.
    More competition for the Reds this spring. I'd say Jones has a better shot than Gomes to make the squad but that really isn't saying anything.

MLB ERA

Re: Reds Add Jacque And Ward

Oh great call me Mr Pessimistic but could Jones become what Patterson was this year? I dont like it when the Reds give Duhhsty tools of his own demise. We shall see if Walt gives Jones enough of a chance to "earn" time in LF according to Duhhhsty.
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes