Thread: Gonzalez Healthy

MLB ERA

News Gonzalez Healthy

Cincinnati Enquirer | Cincinnati.Com Cincinnati Reds | Cincinnati news, community, entertainment, yellow pages and classifieds. Serving Cincinnati, OH

Quote Originally Posted by John Fay
    Reds Medical Director Dr. Timothy Kremchek today examined shortstop Alex Gonzalez in Miami.

We expect Alex to be ready to participate at 100 percent in all drills on Day 1 of spring training.”
    Good news for us if he is indeed ready. Unfortunately this probably signals Dickerson moved to the bench or AAA "out of respect" for Hairston in LF... To which I just gotta say God help Tavares and Hairston if they come out of the gate slow they are going to replace Dunn as the whipping boys for Reds fans everywhere.
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Re: Gonzalez Healthy

According to the Cincinnati Enquirer, the Reds are likely "going to give Chris Dickerson every chance to win at least the left-handed part of a platoon" in left field.
    "If we started right now, it would probably be a platoon situation with him and a right-handed bat, whether it's [Jonny] Gomes or Jerry [Hairston Jr.]," manager Dusty Baker said. Dickerson played way over his head in a 31-game stint with the Reds last season, but is capable of producing 10-15 homers and 20-plus steals in regular playing time.
    Dickerson will get every chance to earn a spot.

MLB ERA

Re: Gonzalez Healthy

Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer View Post
    Dickerson will get every chance to earn a spot.
    They said the same thing of Jay Bruce... Bruce CRUSHED Patterson in every aspect of the game and they sent Bruce to AAA while Patterson got 2 months of ABs in CF and leadoff. Freel also outplayed Patterson in ST and the "came down with an injury" according to Duhhsty to which Ryan Freel said "WTF?"

Its all moot though. Dickerson should have the opportunity at CF not have it given to that known quantity that is Willy Tavares.
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes