Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Miley and Gullett fired: Dreams Do Come True!!!!!!! Finally

Hire Jimmy Leyland

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    YES! Great news today! I was all for firing Miley without a doubt. He just sucked very badly this season. DanO has to be next, but I doubt it is coming. The firesale is on its way as we will see at least one of our larger contracts dealt. DanO will be the one making these moves and it stinks. I wish he would be fired too because I simply do not trust him. I believe that he had a lot to do with Miley's horrible decisions. Get someone in here that can make decisions based on talent vs. basing it on trying to prove that a bad move (Aurilia) was a good one.

Guys I am very excited about this news and it sounds like Narron can get them fired up. Dunn could be a lot happier with these changes and that makes things a lot more interesting. This team meeting has to start a spark get the players to perform at the best of their abilities. Tonight's game could show some differences in player's passion.

AA ERA
    It's too bad Miley and Gullett got fired, but I understood why. The team quit on the both of them and when it happens, coaches gets fired. It's unfortunate, but that's sports for you.

With that said, I am glad Jerry Narron will get a shot to manage. I think he is a good manager. It was not his fault that he had crap to work with in Texas. It's hard to make chicken salad out of crap as he experienced in Texas. I think he will do okay. I would like to see him manage. He can be pretty good if he has talent to work with.

Wow, the BT are reaming into Allen and co. Gammons thinks that the team is amazingly disspirits and Allen knows nothing about baseball. Brantley's pissed that they aren't spending money to get major league players, he thinks it's a joke.
    http://strike3forums.com/forums/phot...pelbon2006.jpg

Then out of fairness to the others you will be Slagathor.

MLB ERA
    Gammons again showing why he's a fool. He just makes stuff up to suit what he "wants" to be true.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

Without question, the team played with a spark that it hasn't had in a long, long time. My wife spent the better part of our 4 mile walk talking about our theories on management, players and how the two mix. I mean, yeah, the team meeting that Narron had probably played a big part in all the high-fiving and ass-spanking tonight, but that's what real teams are SUPPOSED to do. The team just seemed like a huge boulder had been lifted off its shoulders, and if Miley and Gullet were missed so much we wouldn't be seeing this typ of reaction. Something needed to be done. The players knew it. The fans knew it. The media knew it. Thank God the organization came to this realization. I really believe that Narrons' "no crap allowed" approach will force the team to elevate its play to new heights. Classic example being tonight when Ruhle went out to chat with Claussen. He was up in his face and clearly instructing Brandon on what to do and what not to do. Narron has made it clear that not only will the players do as they're told and supposed to do, but the pitching coach will, too. This is greatly different from the "go get'tem boy!" approach that Pacifier & Gang used before the firings.

Rookie ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Wally Mo Pena
    There's no excuse for batting Aurilliia 2nd at this point in the season, if they have a single baseball person in this organization Miley had to know that that was the last straw.

hmm Where did Narron bat Aurilliia in his 1st game as manager?

Richmond, VA......finally a man with a home
    MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by CincyRedsFan30
    Gammons again showing why he's a fool. He just makes stuff up to suit what he "wants" to be true.
    Actually Jayson Stark said the same thing, that the organization is going to continue to go in the wrong direction because of John Allen

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by krawhitham
    hmm Where did Narron bat Aurilliia in his 1st game as manager?
    and had a triple, single and was robbed of a base hit too

MLB ERA
    I'm not talking about Allen, I'm talking about what he tried to hint were the "thoughts" of the players and this stuff, as if he got the players to talk him yesterday and tell him way more than anyone else around the team. He wasn't even at the press conference or anything yesterday, yet he still manages to act like an expert.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by CincyRedsFan30
    I'm not talking about Allen, I'm talking about what he tried to hint were the "thoughts" of the players and this stuff, as if he got the players to talk him yesterday and tell him way more than anyone else around the team. He wasn't even at the press conference or anything yesterday, yet he still manages to act like an expert.
    and of course you know for a fact that he didn't talk to anyone

AA ERA
    I had a chance to read the Sporting News today at work. Ken Rosenthal ripped Carl Lindner good. Ken talked about how Carl made a mistake in not listening to John Allen's recommendation to hire Twins assistant GM Wayne Krivsky and not listening to O'Brien's recommendation to hire Brian Graham (he works for the Pirates). No wonder why the Reds are a mess.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by bipster
    and of course you know for a fact that he didn't talk to anyone

Gammons wasn't even in TOWN. He didn't get opposite insights from players while out of town than Hal and others did while in town. That makes no sense and isn't how it would have worked. The only time he might get some "confidential" information is when he has a source about an upcoming trade or something. Comments from players like that would have been made public. It's just how the business works.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345