MLB ERA
    you guys should goto the game tonight
    i'm scraped and sober but there's no one listening
    [myspace][podcast (10/13)][article]

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Here's something on Ruhle from BA:

Ruhle, who had a 13-year big league pitching career, offers a fresh set of eyes and new ideas to help stem the tide of injuries. This his first season as pitching coordinator, after serving as pitching coach at Rookie-level Billings last season.

"I'm old school," he said. "I believe you start with the legs and work up. You get your body under control and then you get your pitches under control. Nolan Ryan was a tremendously hard worker, and he spent a lot of time building leg strength."

Ruhle said greater leg strength enhances recovery time after each start and allows pitchers to stay consistently down in the strike zone. Stronger legs, he said, also takes stress off shoulders and elbows. Fewer arm surgeries should result. But Ruhle's philosophy is just one part of the organization's efforts to keep its young pitchers healthy.
    http://www.baseballamerica.com/today...0407pulse.html

Miley seemed to have success in the minors, though for the life of me i don't know how. I don't see any use for Gullet, though it's too bad since he was a reds great, but i don't want him anywhere near our young pitchers, not with his velocity reduction disease. I say to the curb with them. WIth a nice watch or something.
    Reds MVP Race

6: Arroyo, Harang
    5: Kearns
    4: Phillips
    3: Dunn, Felo, Freel, Milton
    2: Claussen, EdE, Griffey, Valentin
    1: Aurilia, Hatteberg, Lizard, Larue, Shackelford

MLB ERA
    WLW is going nuts...talked to Furman/Tracy Jones(Seg and Willy on now). They also had a recorded convo. with Marty, and he said he liked the moves because they were needed. Steve Stewart is now on Live!
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

The Clubhouse Co-Mod HuskerFan2002's Avatar
    AAA ERA
    Boy, the Cincinnati Reds's coaches page got updated quickly.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Wally Mo Pena
    Let the destruction begin. It's time to tear this club down to the foundations and see what's left. I'm skeptical that they'll get rid of O'brien, but i hope they do since it doesn't seem like this is the time to be overly cautious and patient. Standing pat with what we have now is about the dumbest thing i've heard, since it just can't get worse. Get someone in there who is going to decide what we are keeping, for sure, and then shake up the rest.
    I am also skeptical on them releasing O'Brien soon. I of course hope and pray they do ASAP but I see this move as buying time for Dan O. Gullet and Miley, while flawed a good deal, were the sacrifical lambs of O'Briens poor judge of talent and spending this offseason. It's an easy way for him to avoid blame for a bit more time IMO. Hopefully this losing will continue strong and will see him gone before O'Brien can do serious damage to the team with poor trades at the deadline.

AA ERA
    Funny LOL i think Miley is king of awkward faces you see dunn in the background getting ready to punch Miley in the back of the head for all the line-up crap he had to go through.. but no more : )

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cincy
    Even though Miley and Gullett have sucked this year as a manager and pitching coach, I would still like to keep them in this organization.
    I always tried to defend Gullett but I think even if it was just a bad situation that not even the best pitching coach could handle he had to take blame for this eventually. It was just time for a change, a new philosophy for the pitchers. Hopefully this guy has a knack for working with young pitchers (based on his last job with us) that we will hopefully acquire in the next month or so.

MLB ERA
    I knew everyone would questioning my thinking of O'Brien being fired soon, just as they did to me about Miley. Go ahead and believe the propogandists instead.

I really think O'Brien's time is starting to dwindle.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Old Style Drinker
    MLB ERA
    If O'Brien doesnt go, this is all for naught. no manager can take the collection of talent this team has and win a division title or seriously compete for the wild card. some good young talent, but the surrounding talent was put together worth crap.
    The art of being an engineer: packing 10 lbs of crap into a 5 lb box.

"If Hooter's fell, for all practical purposes the world was lost." Von Neumann's War
    http://www.myspace.com/rockinray1

MLB ERA
    I like these moves, but O'Brien is the BIG problem for sure. I don't quite share the sentiments of the title of this thread.

I will cheer if O'Brien is fired, but I can only cheer to a degree over this move.

WLW is touting the top of the hour with:

"The Big Red Axe Falls", lol.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CincyRedsFan30
    I knew everyone would questioning my thinking of O'Brien being fired soon, just as they did to me about Miley. Go ahead and believe the propogandists instead.

I really think O'Brien's time is starting to dwindle.
    I am not questioning you, it's the situation I question. If you have insider info to support your reasoning then I'll buy it and trust it like I always do since you're reliable. I just think OB has a few weeks to determine his fate. If they were going to fire Miley and Gully, then why not fire him as well now?

If you have info though from someone, please share. I am just going off my opinion which most here know to be pretty ignorant, don't take it personally.

MLB ERA
    There are various reasons I think O'Brien will be fired... at the VERY latest the end of the year, but more likely by the All-Star Break(could even see Thursday).

And the reason he wasn't fired today is because that is Allen's move to make, while the firings of Miley/Gully were O'Brien's own decisions to make.

Remember that O'Brien just said when asked about moves being made: "I'm not going to comment". He is responsible for O'Brien.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    I like these moves, but O'Brien is the BIG problem for sure. I don't quite share the sentiments of the title of this thread.

I will cheer if O'Brien is fired, but I can only cheer to a degree over this move.
    To get me to a throw a citywide party it would take Lindner selling the team to an owner who was a baseball man. Either reducing Allen's power or just axeing him all together. And hiring a proven man in baseball, capable of handling not only MLB talent but building a farm.

I agree that while this is nice and all, this is not a move that will pull us from out of the grave (which is where this franchise is heading with so many losing seasons in a row.) Like Rosenthal said a few weeks ago, we need to be changed from the top down.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    There are various reasons I think O'Brien will be fired... at the VERY latest the end of the year, but more likely by the All-Star Break(could even see Thursday).

And the reason he wasn't fired today is because that is Allen's move to make, while the firings of Miley/Gully were O'Brien's own decisions to make.

Remember that O'Brien just said when asked about moves being made: "I'm not going to comment". He is responsible for O'Brien.
    Good point on Allen CRF, I didn't take that into consideration. With that in mind, I think it could be sooner than later. Even with how ignorant he is, he should realize that this isn't someone you want determining the fate of your franchise with the very likely upcoming firesale.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast