Thread: 6/20 Reds vs Cards: Aurilia bats 2nd

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Rolen with a grounder to FeLo. 1st out.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Taguchi with a grounder to FeLo as well. Two outs.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Molina with a grounder to Aurilia. Third out. Nice quick inning but we need to put the pressure on Carpenter and gets some runs soon if we want any of hope of getting a win. Then again, it might not be too bad to keep losing if Dan O is gone. Ha.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Harang into bat... I would of pulled him. Anyway, I got a late dinner to go to guys.

Later!

With Dunn, it seems to either be homer or stay-at-homer. I really think the guy needs a change of scenery where he will be happier, where he can be influenced by a hitting coach that can convince him that you protect the plate with two strikes. For those that don't know, Dunn struck out "looking". Honestly, for all the homeruns this guy hits in a small ballpark, I'd rather they had a great defensive outfielder (case in point, Dunn *could* have jumped and snagged that linedrive to deep left field, but only gave a half-assed jump) and a great starter or two. I guess what I'm saying is that Dunn is a whiner, isn't the guy that sets by example, and really isn't much outside of a really strong hitter.

lol you are clueless

funny when everyone else strikes out you dont say anything, dunn ks you are all over him

either spread the criticitsm around or sit down and shut up.

GAB plays as a neutral park or slight pitchers park. you dont know what you are talking about

Well, Im going to take a positive from this season. Griffey healthy, Lopez is turning in an all star season. I dont know about all of you but I love to watch Lopez play. He is without a doubt, the best revelation of the season. Im a real FAN, I love the reds, have no concern saying so. Much like Volzok......my good friend, we will watch them whether they be crap or not, although it pisses us both off.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    I will *****/moan/complain throughout but I love the Reds and still wear all my Reds caps with as much pride that is possible through this downfall. But I agree with you 100% albbla, FeLo is the man. He's just another example of Cincy fans being too hard on a young guy early on. Lopez is a lot of fun to watch and seems to make stuff happen more often than not.

Quote Originally Posted by AdamDunn#44
    GAB plays as a neutral park or slight pitchers park. you dont know what you are talking about
    overall it may be neutral, but it is an easy park to hit HRs in. You can look at the numbers for that, or just watch a game and wait for popups to carry over the wall for evidence of that.
    Reds MVP Race

6: Arroyo, Harang
    5: Kearns
    4: Phillips
    3: Dunn, Felo, Freel, Milton
    2: Claussen, EdE, Griffey, Valentin
    1: Aurilia, Hatteberg, Lizard, Larue, Shackelford

the Reds pitchign staff something to do with that

i'm sure it does, and the reds hitters too probably, but i've seen a lot of popups carry over the wall too, as i'm sure you have. It's been discussed by enough managers/players/commentators as well that i feel like i can trust my eyes. All of the park factor analyses that have been done thus far on the GAB have limited validity due to sample size and homogeneity of the players studied. To generate accurate park factors you need 10+ seasons, to fully turn over lineups and pitching staffs.

So with that in mind, i think it's fair to say that the narrative evidence carries about as much weight as the empirical evidence at this point, and there is a lot of narrative evidence and observatinal evidence that suggests that the ball flies out of that park, especially to center and right-center.
    Reds MVP Race

6: Arroyo, Harang
    5: Kearns
    4: Phillips
    3: Dunn, Felo, Freel, Milton
    2: Claussen, EdE, Griffey, Valentin
    1: Aurilia, Hatteberg, Lizard, Larue, Shackelford

MLB ERA
    That was one ugly game...other than a couple of nice catches(Lopez, Griffey, etc.).

Harang continues to regress to numbers near what I thought he would have(I said 4.10 ERA on the year... it's 4.08 right now). If only we had a Chris Carpenter. Tons of Cards fans there last night.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234