Thread: Please tell me this is a joke...

MLB ERA

Reds Please tell me this is a joke...

Hey Dam I think theres a rumor bad enough to make me forgive the Homer for Dye rumors...

Gammons' Latest: Teixeira, Cameron, Montero: MLB Rumors - MLBTradeRumors.com

"We don't know whether the Red Sox will decide not to pony up and sign Teixeira or whether there really might be a three-way deal among the White Sox, Angels and Reds that would put Jermaine Dye in Cincinnati, Joey Votto in Anaheim and Chone Figgins in Chicago." So, not quite a trade rumor here. The Reds would, of course, want more for Votto if he's even available. When this semi-rumor makes the rounds it must be discussed in the proper context - the paragraph's theme was things we don't know are accurate.
    It comes from ESPN's own Peter Gammons so do with this as you will. If Walt's reaction to this is anything other than what I type below then I am scared about the direction of this team....

Scene: Walt's Office
    *Phone Rings*
    WJ: Hello this is Walt.
    Chi: Hey its Ken, we found another idea for you all to get Dye if youre still interested.
    WJ: Shoot...
    Chi: You send Votto to Ana and we send you Dye.
    *Walt begins to uncontrollably laugh*
    *Walt hangs up*
    *Walt picks it back up and resumes laughing at Kenny Williams*

The only way this deal DOESNT BLOW is if we get Aybar and Santana from Anaheim for minimal cost and even then this deal sucks.
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Re: Please tell me this is a joke...

Gammons simply doesnt realize how important Votto is to this club. Just him blubbering about is all...

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Yeah, Anaheim is just gonna jump on the chance to give up Figgins, Santana, and Aybar for Votto. Makes almost as much sense as dealing Votto for Dye.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom_of_Zito View Post
    Yeah, Anaheim is just gonna jump on the chance to give up Figgins, Santana, and Aybar for Votto. Makes almost as much sense as dealing Votto for Dye.
    This "rumor" is Votto for Figgins. I only mentioned Santana and Aybar is Ive heard of them and dont know enough about Chicago's farm. Answering other needs is the only way this even makes an iotem of since. Even then this "rumor" sucks. it becomes so convoluded to make all 3 teams happy and probably ends up screwing the Reds.
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes

MLB ERA

No, Dye for Bailey, nothing less, certainly not Chone Figgins.

By the way K_o_Z, when you scroll by that av quickly, it looks like V for some reason.
    http://img457.imageshack.us/img457/1526/jenkssigya5.jpg

Carlos Quentin for MVP!

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

I for one don;t believe Jocketty is dumb enough to trade Votto. In any other year, Votto would have been a favorite to win ROY. Votto is going to be one of the pieces that helps replace Dunn's production. Plus he is under the Reds control for years. Trading Bailey for Dye would be the smarter play.

MLB ERA

I can't imagine the great Walt Jocketty trading Votto for Dye. Just can't see it happening.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Considering how Ozzie is towards pitchers, I just can't see Homer Bailey working out there.

This "rumor" is Votto for Figgins. I only mentioned Santana and Aybar is Ive heard of them and dont know enough about Chicago's farm. Answering other needs is the only way this even makes an iotem of since. Even then this "rumor" sucks. it becomes so convoluded to make all 3 teams happy and probably ends up screwing the Reds.
    My point Slyder, was that in regards to you saying it's a joke of a deal to trade Votto for Dye or for Figgins, whatever, it's every bit as ludicrous for LAA to part ways with Santana and Aybar, as well as Figgins, for Votto. All three are key parts of any potential success they may have and the way Santana has improved over the last couple of years, he just doesn't seem like a guy they'd seriously consider dealing. There's really no sense in the angels doing that and really there's no sense AT ALL to deal a young hitter like Votto for an older guy like Dye. You can't trust Dye, even if the rumored deals were a little more realistic.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.