Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Predict the first 3 to be traded

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Predict the first 3 to be traded

We all know the firesale rumors will start soon enough, so predict three players who you think will be the first ones traded.

(in no order)
    3B Joe Randa
    Affordable, great D and bat so he will contribute solidly. One of those vet type players GM's love to add to the clubhouse chemisty. And best of all, on a one year deal.
    MR Kent Mercker
    He's lefthanded and he finds the strike zone, thus that equals automatic value in baseball.
    C Jason LaRue
    Even though he has been in some pretty nasty slumps, I could see him being desired when the Reds start shopping their players. He doesnt make that much considering his talents for the position and he isn't tied up beyond this year. Not to mention a lot of teams will be intrigued by his work ethic and gritty play. An above average catcher.

MLB ERA
    Randa
    Mercker
    Casey
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

I figure DanO will trade Dunn, EdE, Lopez, Harang, Claussen, Wagner, Kearns, and Pena and sign Casey, Randa, Mercker, and Weathers to LTC.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Griffey (needs a ring so he can ride off into the sunset)
    Dunn (simply does not want to be here)
    Kearns ("Before they promote me, they better trade me!" COME ON!)
    rf28

AA ERA
    Randa
    LaRue
    Weathers

I dont think Dunn is upset about playing here. he just doesnt like losing and hates miley but then again who doesn't?

Randa,Casey,Mercker

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Randa, Casey, Dunn, Kearns

Well, I guess we're all in agreement on Randa. I also think Aurilia will be gone by the trade deadline. He won't bring much but he could be a utility guy who can play 3B, SS and 2B. The third choice is tough but I'll go with Austin Kearns. It seems that he's the odd man out in DanO's plans. I'd rather see Griffey or Casey traded. Since they make some $$, I'm sure DanO will listen to offers.

So my list is:

Randa
    Aurilia
    Kearns

with Griffey at #4 and Casey at #5.

MLB ERA
    mines...
    Joe Randa A lot of teams need solid bats and solid gloves at the hot corner and he bring both.
    Sean Casey Someone has to be desperate enough to give up a good bit for a really good hitter to balance out lineups or just overall provide a very strong bat.
    Rich Aurilia- Laugh as you might, Aurilia has already said he wants a chance to play and Anderson Machado should be back Eventually. Someone would take a chance on the cheap utility guy.

#4 Dunn (if OB and Miley arent gone first), #5 Kearns (I think hes gone regardless just because of how crowded everything is), #6 Griffey, #7 Jimenez (someone will think they can fix him for cheap).
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes

MLB ERA
    I don't see Aurilia going anywhere. He's just simply not good enough(one of the worst offensive players in baseball this year according to the facts).

I also don't see two of the outfielders being traded, and I don't think LaRue will be dumped since we would be screwed for years and years without him around(although that sounds like something O'Brien might do).
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Quote Originally Posted by CincyRedsFan30
    I don't see Aurilia going anywhere. He's just simply not good enough(one of the worst offensive players in baseball this year according to the facts).
    He's hit better since coming off the DL. You can bet O'Brien will pound that home as he tries to sell this idea to other teams

MLB ERA
    I'm sure he will, but smart teams probably won't buy his BS. (Guys like Walt Jocketty and others would laugh in his face)

MLB ERA
    Look at Atlanta (for example) they keep losing guys to injury, granted we arent going to get someone like Horatio Ramirez for Aurilia but Aurilia would be a cheap option that if they wanted to try anything would give them someone who could spot Furcal or Giles at 2b or ss and spot Marte til Jones is ready to come back.
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes

randa
    kearns
    casey
    Reds MVP Race

6: Arroyo, Harang
    5: Kearns
    4: Phillips
    3: Dunn, Felo, Freel, Milton
    2: Claussen, EdE, Griffey, Valentin
    1: Aurilia, Hatteberg, Lizard, Larue, Shackelford

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CincyRedsFan30
    and I don't think LaRue will be dumped since we would be screwed for years and years without him around(although that sounds like something O'Brien might do).
    Wouldn't of been nice to had traded for a kid like Huber last year? That's one move I would of loved. Anyway, with O'Brien we have to anticipate poor moves if he still is in power. I personally would keep LaRue til we have legitimate option in the minors but at this point, but I imagine O'Brien will sell off the players we SHOULDNT be trading. Of course everyone has their price and if we did acquire through another deal a decent catcher prospect, I would be much more open, but I dont see O'Brien making many good deals.

Let's just pray someone else is doing the deals.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast