Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Reds Trade Freel and prospects to Baltimore

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Re: Reds Trade Freel and prospects to Baltimore

The O's are also looking at signing Hairston Jr.

MLB ERA

Love, love, love this trade.

Saw Ramon play a fair share of games here in BMore this spring...he still has great skills behind the plate.

Keep in mind he's moving to the NL Central and out of the 4 team monster AL East...

His numbers should be about par with his career average, if not a little bit better.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by redsrbetter View Post
    I hope not man. He likely wont get it. I could see the Cards taking a flyer on him though. But it would be nice to get him in for a utility role for sure.

I'd like to see that happen, but I don't think it will. It sounds like they are trying to smooth things over with Mr Kennedy. We sure don't want to make him unhappy like when Lopez was signed last year. Personally, I'd take Lopez over Kennedy anyday.

MLB ERA

Word has it Lopez agreed to a 1 yr 3.5 mil contract with Arizona.

How many remember the DorkO plan to bring Ramon Ortiz over here?

Thats about what I expect to happen with Hernandez. Couldnt we have just signed IRod for less? I know his game isnt what it use to be but he's STILL better than this guy and not cost a thing more. I know theres not much out there in FA but is Hernandez that much better than Josh Bard coming off a down year with a better split the previous 2 years? This is the type of trade you make AFTER free agency over and you struck out EVERYWHERE.

I guess it could be worse. We could have buckled on Laird and sent them Bailey. Wait Walt's just getting started. Color me very underwhelmed thus far with the offseason.

Wheres this leave us in the OF? Bruce, Dickerson, Votto, ????, Hopper?

Nothing proven, lots of potential but nothing proven and a guy who should stay at 1b. Freel would at least give you a guy who could play a lot of positions and be competant at the plate. So help me if Patterson is back or we trade Bailey for a 35+ yr old expensive OF and thats "the answer" I'm done with this team until they throw out every person there from the owner all the way down to the janitor.
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12