Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Dunn: I'm not 'popping off'

Dunn: I'm not 'popping off'
    Comments come from frustration with losing

By John Fay
    Enquirer staff writer

It would be easy to label Adam Dunn a malcontent these days.

He has spoken out about not playing, the Reds sending his good buddy Austin Kearns to the minors and the no-massage-chair policy, among other things.

Dunn usually says what he says with his straight-faced, sarcastic style.

But he says people shouldn't get the impression that he wants out or anything like that.

"I wouldn't call it popping off," he said. "It's just that I don't handle losing well. A lot of it is frustration."

Dunn has not let his frustration affect his play to any great degree. He went into Saturday's game with the Atlanta Braves among the National League leaders in home runs (17, third), walks (50, first), runs (43, eighth), on-base percentage (.404, 10th) and slugging percentage (.565, sixth).

He's sixth in the NL in on-base-plus-slugging (OPS) at .969, the best indicator of offensive excellence.

Dunn leads the NL in strikeouts. But he's on pace for 155 after striking out a major-league-record 195 times last year.

Dunn can't go anywhere by his choice until 2008 at the soonest. That's when he becomes a free agent.

And despite his occasional moaning, he says he's not looking to leave Cincinnati.

"I like it here," he said. "I like everyone here. Like I said, a lot of it is frustration with losing."
    Click here fro the rest

If you like Cincinnati so much, Adam, then signing the damn contract.

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    I don't think the Reds have made serious offers to Dunn yet in terms of a LTC. And O'Brien has his strange policy of not discussing contracts midseason. Maybe they have made a legit offer, I don't know for sure, but I doubt it. The Reds could have avoided pursuing a LTC with Dunn because it could slightly hurt his and the interest other teams have in him since Dunn would likely get huge money in a long term contract.

Hard to sign a LTC when the idiot GM doesnt offer one. But who cares rigth? as long as you get to take your daily shot at Dunn.

Old Style Drinker
    MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by QuietAcre
    If you like Cincinnati so much, Adam, then signing the damn contract.
    why would he sign something that isnt really offered? or when he wont be offered what he feels like he deserves?
    The art of being an engineer: packing 10 lbs of crap into a 5 lb box.

"If Hooter's fell, for all practical purposes the world was lost." Von Neumann's War
    http://www.myspace.com/rockinray1