Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Red Dye?

Richmond, VA......finally a man with a home
    MLB ERA

Re: Red Dye?

Update:

Dye headed to Reds for Bailey
    Jermaine Dye | White Sox | Interested: Reds?
    Jermaine Dye, the subject of numerous trade rumors in recent weeks, is headed from the White Sox to the Reds for Homer Bailey, according to the Dayton Daily News.

A major-league source close to the situation told the newspaper on Sunday that "the deal is done and will be announced this week."

ESPN.com's Jerry Crasnick, however, reported that Dye and his representatives haven't heard a word about any trade. Dye has a limited no-trade clause that allows him to veto deals to six teams. Cincinnati isn't on his list, so the White Sox wouldn't have to get his permission for a trade to the Reds to go through.

The 22-year-old Bailey, the team's No. 1 draft pick in 2004, has not lived up to high expectations and some club officials believe a change of venue would be best for him, the Dailey News reported.

Dye is a right-handed bat, something the Reds need, and he hit 34 homers with 96 RBIs playing for the White Sox last season.
    If in fact this is true, I'm not overly joyed by this.....but, we'll see how it turns out.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Yeah the Reds denied this. Now, because of that denial, I wonder if this deal is all but dead.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer View Post
    Dye showed talent in the postseason winning a WS MVP. If it only costs Homer Bailey, I would do it.
    That's right, tell 'em. I want Homer Bailey. Viciedo might be ready to play LF this season at some point, slide Quentin over to right, problem solved.
    http://img457.imageshack.us/img457/1526/jenkssigya5.jpg

Carlos Quentin for MVP!

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12