Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dodgers had scouts watching Harang last night

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    He just hasn't pitched well.

MLB ERA
    It makes no sense at ALL to deal Harang... so it will probably happen before the O'Brien firing happens.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Another Harang and LA tidbit:

Trade winds breezing

Starter Joe Kennedy wandered into the clubhouse and asked, "Where am I going to be traded?" Oakland remain the most likely destination, given its strong interest and the Rockies' desire to land Triple-A closer Jairo Garcia, though the Athletics may not part with him.

The Washington Nationals ramped up their interest Thursday, admittedly targeting pitchers on teams out of the playoff race.

The Dodgers like Kennedy, but their preference appears to be Cincinnati's Aaron Harang, in many ways a Derek Lowe clone. Ted Lilly and Mike Maroth are also on their wish list. The Rockies are seeking hard-throwing relievers and everyday players.

Double-A catcher Russ Martin could be an appealing target. The Rangers are monitoring Kennedy and could also make a run at Jason Jennings.
    Click here for the whole article

who does LA have in their system that would be worth dealing harang for? I really like harang, i think he would be a great part of this team if they were going to be good in the next year or so, but i don't think we are going to control harang's rights by the time it would be really great to have him. That being said, i certainly don't want to deal him just to do it. He's getting older but still getting better, and the reds could always sign him as a free agent, or longer term this offseason.
    Reds MVP Race

6: Arroyo, Harang
    5: Kearns
    4: Phillips
    3: Dunn, Felo, Freel, Milton
    2: Claussen, EdE, Griffey, Valentin
    1: Aurilia, Hatteberg, Lizard, Larue, Shackelford

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12