Thread: Jocketty Making Offers

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Reds Jocketty Making Offers

The Reds have already made offers to free-agents-to-be David Weathers and Jerry Hairston Jr., GM Walt Jocketty confirmed.
    Weathers could command another multiyear deal at age 38. Hairston is probably looking at a one-year deal worth $1 million or so. He should be the easier of the two for the Reds to re-sign. Cincinnati may also attempt to bring back Jeremy Affeldt and Mike Lincoln. Corey Patterson, Josh Fogg and Paul Bako aren't expected to return.
    These are practically no brainers for the Reds. Weathers had a 3.25 ERA in 72 games. Hairston hit .326 with a .384 OBP in 80 games. Can't wait till November to see what magic he has left up his sleeve on the free agent and trade markets.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Re: Jocketty Making Offers

Free agent David Weathers doesn't expect to be back with the Reds next season.
    "I don't anticipate anything with Cincinnati," Weathers said. "They haven't called but once or twice. The way we are looking at it, we're moving on. A lot teams have called looking to talk, but we haven't been allowed to talk about numbers. I look forward to Friday." Even though he's now 39, Weathers figures to command a two-year deal to pitch in a setup role.
    I can't believe Jocketty of all people is going to let Weathers walk away. Same goes for Affeldt.

MLB ERA

Re: Jocketty Making Offers

i can live without weathers. he was starting to look like gravedigger.
    i'm scraped and sober but there's no one listening
    [myspace][podcast (10/13)][article]