Thread: 6/15: Reds vs Red Sox - Going for the sweep... but not the good kind

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

6/15: Reds vs Red Sox - Going for the sweep... but not the good kind

Code:
    CINCINNATI AT BOSTON -- LINEUPS

CINCINNATI                              BOSTON                                
                             AVG  HR  RBI                            AVG  HR  RBI   
    Ryan Freel 2B           .298   2    9   Johnny Damon CF         .346   2   37   
    Joe Randa DH            .286   8   35   Edgar Renteria SS       .264   5   26   
    Ken Griffey Jr CF       .273  11   43   David Ortiz DH          .292  16   52   
    Wily Mo Pena RF         .288   8   17   Manny Ramirez LF        .256  14   50   
    Adam Dunn 1B            .243  16   33   Trot Nixon RF           .294   8   37   
    Felipe Lopez SS         .303  10   36   Kevin Millar 1B         .276   4   27   
    Jacob Cruz LF           .280   2    8   Jason Varitek C         .326  11   27   
    Jason Larue C           .238   5   23   Bill Mueller 3B         .279   3   22   
    Luis Lopez 3B           .150   0    1   Mark Bellhorn 2B        .240   3   16   

Aaron Harang RHP        (4-4, 3.52)     Bronson Arroyo RHP      (4-3, 4.54)

Ouch. WMP misplays a ball on Renteria's line drive (the lights maybe) and then Ortiz gets his 2nd and 3rd RBI.
    http://strike3forums.com/forums/phot...pelbon2006.jpg

Then out of fairness to the others you will be Slagathor.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Jeez, where is everyone? Well it looks if you weren't watching the game like me, you havent missed much.

Richmond, VA......finally a man with a home
    MLB ERA
    I watched the whole series, but I refuse to comment on it

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    I've been either working or sleeping. Anyway, this really looks like one of those season defining moments for the opposition. Wouldnt be surprised to see the Red Sox shoot off now.

MLB ERA
    jetlag.
    i'm scraped and sober but there's no one listening
    [myspace][podcast (10/13)][article]

AA ERA
    Just got home from work. I get to hear bits and pieces at work. I havent missed a whole lot though. Hopefully either some wins takes place this weekend or some heads roll.

MLB ERA
    I saw the 5th inning on tonight. Just atrocious. Harang is starting to pitch poorly(if only we had someone like Mark Redman(seems only Dave Littlefield knew that would be a brilliant move), Dave Williams or Josh Fogg in our rotation) to go with Harang, who is looking more like a 4th or 5th starter lately.

The offense was awful during this series, and the team looked like they didn't care in generall. Keisler needs to be in the rotation though. Just a joke of a series.

Oh, and the ump. at home tonight was AWFUL. Just terrible.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    1 start at Coors, 1 start vs the 1st place team in the AL East (which was damn good IMO , 7 IP 3 ER and 10 K) and 1 start vs the Champs. I am not trying to make excuses for Harang, but there is a good chance a lot of pitchers would have trouble in Coors or in Fenway vs the champs.

Anyway, speaking of the Pirates, I am glad to see Kip Wells bounce back this year. I was a little concerned after last season.

MLB ERA
    Harang has simply been awful lately. Harang needs to learn from pitchers like Mark Redman.

Harang over last three starts: 14 ER in 17.2 IP. Just atrocious.

Mark Redman(career ERA of 4.21): 2.80 ERA this year

Just shows how clueless O'Brien is. He couldn't see that Redman would be brilliant, just like he couldn't see Marquis, Suppan and Carpenter would be.(Although Bowden couldn't see that either, and now he is making brilliant moves for the Nationals, such as signing Esteban L.)
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.