Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ricciardi interested in Kearns.... still

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Ricciardi interested in Kearns.... still

Per Rotoworld:
    Latest News Jun. 14, 2005 - 9:19 pm et

Blue Jays GM J.P. Ricciardi admitted today that he has interest in acquiring the recently demoted Austin Kearns.
    ''He's a guy we've always liked. He's a good player,'' Ricciardi said. There's a pretty good chance that Kearns has played last game as a Red. The Blue Jays are hardly the only team that would like an opportunity to turn him around.

AA ERA
    i wonder what we can get from the blue jays for kearns.. brandon league!! zachary jackson would be nice as well!!! what do u guys think? who could we get ? how bad does Ricciardi really like kearns..

100th post!

AA ERA
    This is interesting. Do you think Kearns is trying to force the Reds hand since he still hasnt shown up to Louisville yet? I guess he only has until midday Wednesday to report.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by volzok
    This is interesting. Do you think Kearns is trying to force the Reds hand since he still hasnt shown up to Louisville yet? I guess he only has until midday Wednesday to report.
    I think Kearns is making a immature statement of how displeased he is to report to AAA so he will take his good old time.

AA ERA
    i thought he had to report to AAA on monday but i could be wrong.. idk he already said he wants to stay in cincy but he knows how businesses work and all that jazz. i wonder how this story will unfold..

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Reds_fan_4_life
    i wonder what we can get from the blue jays for kearns.. brandon league!! zachary jackson would be nice as well!!! what do u guys think? who could we get ? how bad does Ricciardi really like kearns..

100th post!
    Congrats on the 100th post.

I would do Kearns for Jackson straight up. That kid is going to move fast on his way to the bigs IMO. Good potential, stats and a lefty... what's not to like?

AA ERA
    I think when you get promoted/demoted you have 72 hours to report. So thats why I think he has to report midday Wednesday. But I dont know what the penalty is. Fine or something I am sure.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Although the Kearns to Toronto rumor this offseason was him for Hinske IIRC. And unless Ricciardi values Hinske much more than I do (with him about to make the big money soon and had dissappointing 2004 campaign (05 a bit better with the increased OPS) I dont know if we could snag one of his top spects while Kearns is really at an alltime low.

AA ERA
    well a part of me doesnt want to trade Kearns b/c i still think this guy is young and is learning how to play the game. but the other side wants to see what would happen if a trade goes down.. but lets say one of our OF'ers get hurt like they happen to do often i do NOT want to be stuck with Cruz in the OF as a replacement thats where Kearns does come in handy when he hits..

AA ERA
    I would agree mission. Hinske though. Didnt understand that then, dont understand it now. Where would we put him. I think we could probably get more elsewhere than Toronto. Maybe I am wrong but I do agree with mission that we probably wont be able to score a top spec for Kearns like we maybe could have got during ST. Call Bowden and see what he will give us

AA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Reds_fan_4_life
    well a part of me doesnt want to trade Kearns b/c i still think this guy is young and is learning how to play the game. but the other side wants to see what would happen if a trade goes down.. but lets say one of our OF'ers get hurt like they happen to do often i do NOT want to be stuck with Cruz in the OF as a replacement thats where Kearns does come in handy when he hits..
    Good point, but I think Kearns needs a change of scenery. Wily Mo needs to play everyday if we ever hope for him to learn how to field Also I dont mind Freel or Kenny Kelly in the OF. Also we have Denorfia in Louisville right now. What I have read about him is that he maybe another type of Ryan Freel player b/c hes got good speed and really hustles. So if Kearns goes I dont think its a big loss as it may appear.

I doubt you would get their #1 prospect. The Reds could get someone good, but I doubt it will be anything like what you would have gotten a couple years ago. I guess it's also feasible they could give one of their younger (less potential) OF and a middling prospect.
    http://strike3forums.com/forums/phot...pelbon2006.jpg

Then out of fairness to the others you will be Slagathor.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishercat
    I doubt you would get their #1 prospect. The Reds could get someone good, but I doubt it will be anything like what you would have gotten a couple years ago. I guess it's also feasible they could give one of their younger (less potential) OF and a middling prospect.
    I doubt League will be it either. With Dan O at the helm, I'd be surprised to get anyone of their decent spects.

I do wonder if we could pick up Guillermo Quiroz on the cheap with him being out for various health reasons. *dreaming*

Wow, I'm tired. I completely forgot that Jackson was up with the Fishercats. He's done well so far, he was just named the EL Pitcher of the Week (2 starts, 1 win, 1.50 ERA, 13 K's to 2 walks. I still think Ricciardi would be reluctant to give up a guy who was a sandwich pick in 2004 and done well, but for Kearns...possible.

A few other pitchers have impressed in NH, guys like Vermilyea, Perkins, and RP Ryan Houston. And even though he's older, Lee "Game Over" Grontkiewicz (Think Mientkiewick in pronunciation), just for the name.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast