Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ricciardi interested in Kearns.... still

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishercat
    Wow, I'm tired. I completely forgot that Jackson was up with the Fishercats. He's done well so far, he was just named the EL Pitcher of the Week (2 starts, 1 win, 1.50 ERA, 13 K's to 2 walks. I still think Ricciardi would be reluctant to give up a guy who was a sandwich pick in 2004 and done well, but for Kearns...possible.
    Ricciardi knows what he is doing for the most part so it would be doubtful (Dan O can only out smart Ed Wade which really isnt much of an accomplishment.) But hey, we can hope.

Honestly, I think Dan O still should get at least one top ten prospect and another one or two good prospects for Kearns. Hell, Epstein got the Mets #4 prospect (in a 3 prospect system) for Mientkiewicz, so Kearns is still worth something. I still think they could grab a nice prospect if Dan O brings up his game.
    http://strike3forums.com/forums/phot...pelbon2006.jpg

Then out of fairness to the others you will be Slagathor.

MLB ERA
    If we don't get someone who at least has Harang-like potential, I don't trade Kearns, because I know what he can do when he's right. He just isn't right now.

Oh, and I read elsewhere something about him being in a hospital yesterday to see a family member, which could be influencing the fact that he hasn't reported to Louisville yet.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishercat
    Honestly, I think Dan O still should get at least one top ten prospect and another one or two good prospects for Kearns. Hell, Epstein got the Mets #4 prospect (in a 3 prospect system) for Mientkiewicz, so Kearns is still worth something. I still think they could grab a nice prospect if Dan O brings up his game.
    Yeah, but Theo is Theo and well.... Dan is Dan. Dan O's entire career with the Reds seems to be based on what he should of done and what he shouldn't of done.

AA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by CincyRedsFan30
    Oh, and I read elsewhere something about him being in a hospital yesterday to see a family member, which could be influencing the fact that he hasn't reported to Louisville yet.
    Hmm, interesting. I hope that thats the reason and hes not just being a jerk.

AA ERA
    noo Kearns isnt a jerk like Guillen dont worry lol he likes it here in cincy

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CincyRedsFan30
    If we don't get someone who at least has Harang-like potential, I don't trade Kearns, because I know what he can do when he's right. He just isn't right now.

Really, I would keep Kearns till we get his value back up. He's still cheap so unless we are getting an impact prospect in return, I'd hold off. Like you said, a healthy Kearns is pretty special and would likely draw a big return.

As for the second part, if true, I take back my comments on Kearns. I hope everything is ok with him and his family. What's the deal with many of the player's families going through crisis?

MLB ERA
    I assume that is true about Kearns. Someone who lives in Lexington said they saw him at a hospital they were at.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Blue Jays GM J.P. Ricciardi admitted today that he has interest in acquiring the recently demoted Austin Kearns.
    ''He's a guy we've always liked. He's a good player,'' Ricciardi said. There's a pretty good chance that Kearns has played last game as a Red. The Blue Jays are hardly the only team that would like an opportunity to turn him around.
    Isn't this tampering by J.P.?

How is it tampering?
    http://strike3forums.com/forums/phot...pelbon2006.jpg

Then out of fairness to the others you will be Slagathor.

AA ERA
    mattdude writes "With the Blue Jays struggling, teams finding out whether to buy or sell, the Jays have some money to spend with a depleated Al East right now, could possibly with the right moves could take it over. Here are some options the Jays could take.

Here are some realistic options the Jays could look at:

A's: We all know that Beane and Ricciardi have a good relationship, so you can never count anything out.The Jays could and should be looking at former Cy Young Barry Zito, who's had some good quality outings recently. By the looks of the other trades for the A's big pitchers, the trade could look like this.

Barry Zito, Erubiel Durazo
    for
    Eric Hinske, Justin Miller and Dustin McGowan

Brewers: Once again, familiar ties has Gord Ash working for the Brewers, who have some good prospects coming up, which means they have to make room for them.

Lyle Overbay, Matt Wise, Chris Capuano
    for
    Eric Hisnke, Justin Speier, Matt Whiteside

Devil Rays: With Pineilla complaining, the Rays still dont care about the present so they'll be inclined to trade away good talent with big contracts, something the Jays can take care of.

Danys Baez, Aubrey Huff
    for
    Reed Johnson, Vinnie Chulk, Eric Hinske

Red's: They stink. They aren't doing anything right and Austin Kearns has recently been demoted so look for him to come here. They have some big hitters who arent hitting, and are in need of pitching, they have too many outfielders.
    WOW look at that offer
    Adam Dunn, Austin Kearns, Aaron Harang and Randy Keisler
    for
    Eric Hinske, Reed Johnson and Ted Lilly

**now not all of these will come true, nor will most of them, but these really adress the needs of the Blue Jays with the large depth in positions for other teams.**"

http://www.wowbaseball.com/modules.p...ticle&sid=1209

prob i hope wont happen i just saw that offer and fell out of my chair.

MLB ERA
    Adam Dunn, Austin Kearns, Aaron Harang and Randy Keisler
    for
    Eric Hinske, Reed Johnson and Ted Lilly

ROFLMBO!!!!

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

worst trade proposal ever

I wouldn't trade Dunn or Harang alone for that group

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    I really hate it when 10 year olds try to make trade proposals. How about we throw in Wily Mo Pena for Roy Halladay's jock strap? Or is that too much to ask?

MLB ERA
    Wow if thats the deal we get for Dunn AND Harang we need to organize a mob and bust down reds front office and take it over. That would make the stupidity of such deals like Roberto Kelly for Paul O'Neill, Reitsma for Bubba and some Bong seem like we got Babe Ruth for 750k.

I like to throw out trade possibilities when they are sane but this one is so insane its not even worth the computer paper its likely printed off on and whoever did write this, Ive got some ocean front property in the Everglades for sale.
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast