Thread: Rosenthal: The Reds need to be revamped...from the top

Rosenthal: The Reds need to be revamped...from the top

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slu...=tsn&type=lgns

General manager Dan O'Brien deserves blame for one of the worst offseason reconstructions in recent memory. But even O'Brien is more of a symptom than the problem. The harsh reality: The Reds will remain doomed as long as Carl Lindner, 85, remains their owner.

It is Lindner who chose O'Brien after Allen recommended Twins assistant G.M. Wayne Krivsky and Lindner who chose Miley after O'Brien recommended Pirates farm director Brian Graham and Lindner who keeps the ineffectual Allen in power.

There's more in there, but I'm wondering as I'm watching the Sox-Reds game, do you agree? Is Lindner the proble, and are O'Brien and Miley really symptoms. Most people agree they are cooked, but is it Carl's fault?
    http://strike3forums.com/forums/phot...pelbon2006.jpg

Then out of fairness to the others you will be Slagathor.

AA ERA
    Linder is a weird man. i think its his fault for not giving the team enough money. heck i think he is one of the richest ppl in cincinnati? owns like everything. yes he never should have hired O'brien. but the problem i think is that Linder is 85 he will passaway shortly.. meaning that the team will either go to a family member or go up for sale.. i'd rather get someone new in there to see what the problem is to see if they have the right formula to master this team the right way.

MLB ERA
    IMO, Lindner, Allen and O'Brien deserve the bulk of the blame...especially O'Brien lately.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

i think the headline should have read "reds need to be revamped from the top to the bottom." It's been clear for a long time that Lindner sucks, but so does everyone down the line, including some of the players we have. At this point there are about 8 or 9 people i'd keep in this whole organization.
    Reds MVP Race

6: Arroyo, Harang
    5: Kearns
    4: Phillips
    3: Dunn, Felo, Freel, Milton
    2: Claussen, EdE, Griffey, Valentin
    1: Aurilia, Hatteberg, Lizard, Larue, Shackelford

I dont think we'll contend again untill Linder sells the team and we get someone who really gives a damn about the Reds.I mean its scary wondering what next bungled trade Obie will make.Last time I checked Reitsma was having success with the Braves,and all we got are a Bong and a Bubba.

I think the Reds ownership structure is as much a problem as Lindner individually. The limited partners have changed the rules since the Marge fiasco and now the controlling partner has much less power. I think the other partners are selling their shares and it'd be nice if Lindner bought them so at least ownership would be consolidated. This would also make it more attractive to future buyers.