Thread: first reds game of the year

first reds game of the year

I’m happy to report that at least on member of the S3F forum will be representing at the games at fenway this week. These are my first reds games of the season, and I am understandably stoked. Less stoked about Milton pitching, and with freel and wily being hurt (hopefully at least one of them will be back tonight), but it’s the reds, and it’s at fenway, and hopefully we take it to them.

Milton just has to keep people off the bases. I know I sound like Miley, but at this point I assume that Milton is going to give up runs, mostly by HR, and the thing that has really killed him in the bad losses has been the walks. If Milton can go 5 innings and give up 4 runs, I’ll be happy, and that’s just not asking that much. Two solo shots and a two run shot, that should keep Milton happy right? I’m assuming that he is going for some sort of record, it’s the only explanation.

The reds are going to need to score though, no doubt about it, if Clement comes out and holds them to just a run or two, we’re screwed. But clement had a rough last start, and sometimes when he pitches his cutter just doesn’t fool anyone and it’s all line rives. That’s what I’m hoping for tonight. The reds have seen him plenty of times (most of them) and shouldn’t be to surprised by anything he’s got.

It’s too bad none of our lefty’s besides Casey know how to go the other way. When was the last time griffey or dunn hit to the opposite field besides that ridiculous bunt of griffey’s last week? That’s the real key to hitting at fenway, and why Ortiz is so awesome. People talk about how the monster is great for righties, but right handed power hitters can hit the ball to the wall in any park. What the monster does is give the lefties an easy target for opposite field doubles. I guess FeLo will be going lefty tonight, and he can definitely go that way. I hope he and Casey can rake this series.

I’m feeling pretty good about our chances though. It’s a tough park to visit, but the reds seem to win the games they shouldn’t and loose the one’s they should win. If you’re watching the game, I’ll be the guy in the reds hat 20 rows behind first base getting beer dumped on him.
    Reds MVP Race

6: Arroyo, Harang
    5: Kearns
    4: Phillips
    3: Dunn, Felo, Freel, Milton
    2: Claussen, EdE, Griffey, Valentin
    1: Aurilia, Hatteberg, Lizard, Larue, Shackelford

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Hope you have a blast Wally. I forgot you lived up in BoSox county.

Anyway, Milton vs guys like Ortiz and Manny scares me but hopefully our sluggers will enjoy Fenway as well and will continue mashing. Enjoy the game!