Thread: Get sweet Lou back?

Get sweet Lou back?

He's really had it with Tampa Bay and has openly criticized ownership.Lou would be a helluva motivator,well anything would be a step up than what we have as a manager.Mr.Dave ''We just didnt have it today''after pitchers get shelled ''I thought he pitched a good game today''Miley.

AA ERA
    I think this is a dream. The reason he went down there was so that he was close to his home. If he quits down there I would bet that its because hes retiring. I also doubt that he would come back here even if he did want to manage again. I dont think he would want the pressure of trying to repeat the 90 season.

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    If Lou goes to another team, it would be to a contender I bet. I would LOVE to get Sweet Lou back as manager, don't get me wrong, I just don't see how it would make sense for him. You can tell Lou is frustrated with the lies of the front office in TB and if he knows anyting about the current regime in Cincy, he would steer clear.

It would be really great to get him back though.

I'm all for trying to get him. But as long as we're talking very low probability chances here, what do people think about my idea of brining larkin in as manager? I know he doesn't have the credentials, but he was a really smart player, and he's the type of guy that players want to win for, and those are the best managers by far. There are the Miley types who have no control and let the players coach themselves, there are the Pinella types who have so much energy that they can get players going that way, and then there are the Frank Robinson types, who have so much experience and know how, and all around general wisdom and cool, that players don't need to be motivated, they want to win for their manager.

I think Barry would be just like Frank Robinson (as evidenced by their close friendship) and would be a perfect fit for this young club. He could bring in a new era and be a long term manager in the days of the quick fire. I'd love to have him manage for the next 25 years.
    Reds MVP Race

6: Arroyo, Harang
    5: Kearns
    4: Phillips
    3: Dunn, Felo, Freel, Milton
    2: Claussen, EdE, Griffey, Valentin
    1: Aurilia, Hatteberg, Lizard, Larue, Shackelford

AA ERA
    Well I agree with your thinking Wally, but I dont think Larkin would be a good fit for this team. I think this team needs a disciplinary to get them going. Larkin is real good friends with too many of them and I would think if he has to put his foot down he wouldnt get the respect b/c of the friendship. Its just like when Miley pulled the chairs. Larkin would have to come in with an iron fist to be effective with this team. I dont know if thats in his personality.

you could be right, and we'll never see it anyway. But you remember teachers in school. Some of them yelled and disciplined to get people to work, and others didn't have to because they had that charisma that get's people going on their own accord. I thik guys would have acted better from the beginning if Lark was around.
    Reds MVP Race

6: Arroyo, Harang
    5: Kearns
    4: Phillips
    3: Dunn, Felo, Freel, Milton
    2: Claussen, EdE, Griffey, Valentin
    1: Aurilia, Hatteberg, Lizard, Larue, Shackelford

MLB ERA
    I'd love to have him back, but I don't think it's going to happen.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.