Thread: Will Adam Dunn be back?

MLB ERA

Player Will Adam Dunn be back?

Now that the trading deadine has passed without a move, Adam Dunn is still in Cincinnati. What happens now? Do the Reds try to resign him before the season is over? Do they let him file for free agency and try to resign him with the rest of the teams? Do they risk offering him arbitration in order to get those coveted draft picks? That might be rsiky. What if he accepts and is granted an even bigger 1 year contract?

I don't think Adam Dunn will leave Cincinnati. I can't imagine the Reds giving up on such a great player. Adam Dunn hits about 40 homers ever year and gets a ton of walks. Dunn curently leads the NL in homers (tied with Howard). It's amazing that the homerun leader can be overrated, but in my opinion, Dunn is very underrated. Few teams seemed to show much interest in Dunn, but everybody wanted Jason Bay. Of course part of the reason is the contract, but it shouldn't be hard to resign Dunn. He doesn't seem like the type to just go for the big money. Besides, Scott Boras isn't his agent. lol

C you there
    MLB ERA

Re: Will Adam Dunn be back?

The Arizona Diamondbacks added a big bat Monday in their attempt to hold off the Los Angeles Dodgers in the NL West race.

Adam Dunn

Dunn

Arizona acquired Cincinnati Reds outfielder Adam Dunn, who is tied for the major league lead with 32 home runs, for three prospects.

The trade was first reported by KTAR Radio in Phoenix.

In exchange for Dunn, Cincinnati will receive minor league pitcher Dallas Buck and two other players to be named later.

Buck got a call from D-backs farm director A.J. Hinch, telling him he had been traded for Dunn. Buck, who was traveling with the Single-A Visalia Oaks, was already on the bus to San Jose, Calif., when Hinch called him. He had to tell teammates of the trade en route.

"It was kind of funny," Buck said, "because I was rumored to be in a deal for [Mark] Teixeira, so when I just told them they all thought I was messing with them."

Buck was drafted by Arizona in the third round of the 2006 draft. Once a top-notch prospect, Buck's draft status fell after an elbow injury revealed on the eve of the '06 draft bumped him out of a likely first-round slot. He had Tommy John surgery last summer and had begun pitching in Single-A this summer.

Dunn is tied with the Phillies' Ryan Howard for the NL lead with his 32 homers. The White Sox's Carlos Quentin also has 32 home runs.

The Diamondbacks lead the Dodgers by 1½ games in the NL West standings.
    **** YOU REDS

first they trade Griffey

Now they Trade Dunn

are we that desperate GOD we can't keep a damn great player on our team

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Re: Will Adam Dunn be back?

Dunn can only do one thing on a baseball diamond and that's hit homeruns. In no way should you call him great. Reds would be wise getting someone better.