Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Time, not free reign, is only cure for Reds

tow things:

1)I think Bubba Nelson will pitch with the reds next year, and e as good as Reitsma was if not better. Is that worth trading Retsma? If bong ever contributes, maybe, but i don't see that happening, so probably not.

2)What i thought was weird about the John Fay article was that it seemed like he was saying that because DanO didn't tell the reds that he was going to make the team better through major league aquisitions, that he shouldn't be held responsible for the Milton and Ortiz debacles. I mean the guy is a GM right? He probably was going to have to aquire major league talent at some point, otherwise he could just be a minor league development guy. If he's not to blame, who is, Lindner for offering the money??? That's what Fay was implying, and that's crazytalk. If DanO couldn't handle the money, why didn't he say that he couldn't handle it?

Bottom line is DanO may be putting together a better farm system, and he may not be, we can't tell just yet. But that's only part of his job. He is spending 14 mil on Milton, Ortiz, Aurillia, and Weber, and while Aurillia may be turning it around a little, that's WAY too much money for those four guys. Hell we could have signed Pedro for that money. He should be fired, and someone else should come in who can evaluate talent and doesn't go for the veteran presense all the time. Someone else can build the farm system just as well as he can.
    Reds MVP Race

6: Arroyo, Harang
    5: Kearns
    4: Phillips
    3: Dunn, Felo, Freel, Milton
    2: Claussen, EdE, Griffey, Valentin
    1: Aurilia, Hatteberg, Lizard, Larue, Shackelford

MLB ERA
    To the point:

O'Brien was given money to spend for once, and he didn't improve the team much, if it all.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12