Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Machado's knee injury not severe

Machado's knee injury not severe
    Shortstop could resume rehab stint Monday

By Kevin Kelly
    Enquirer staff writer

An examination of shortstop Anderson Machado's left knee Saturday turned up nothing more than a mild hyperextension.

The Reds plan to keep Machado in Cincinnati for additional treatment, but he could resume his rehabilitation assignment at Triple-A Louisville as soon as Monday.

Machado is coming back from January surgery to repair a torn medial collateral ligament in his left knee and was making his first rehab appearance for the Bats on Friday.

"I felt like I was almost 100 percent," Machado said. "I was getting my speed back, my range. Everything felt great."

He suffered the hyperextension after jumping to catch a line drive.

"With my first step on the ground, my knee went back and felt something," Machado said. "I wanted to keep playing, but the manager (Rick Burleson) took me out of the game."

It's been a slow trek back since Machado suffered the original knee injury while playing winter ball in Venezuela.

He was slated to compete with Felipe Lopez for the starting job at shortstop before the injury.

"Sometimes life is like that," Machado said. "There's nothing you can do about it. You've just got to wait for your opportunity. If I can get healthy again and play hard, we'll see what happens."
    Click here for the rest

AA ERA
    Good to see. Hopefully he can get healthy and tear it up so Aurilia can go. Also, even though Miley explained, I dont understand why Cruz got the start over Kearns. Gardner hurt again, hopefully he doesnt have the dreaded Reds pitcher curse.