Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dunn Watch '08

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Rumor Dunn Watch '08

Griffey to White Sox

by Will Carroll

Ken Rosenthal is reporting that Ken Griffey Jr has been traded to the White Sox. My sources called minutes after — how? C is before R on the call list, right? — to confirm this. As yet, no word on who the Reds get or, more importantly, if Griffey will approve the deal. The Reds earlier had “discussions” with the Rays regarding Adam Dunn, but I’m told that those talks did not get serious. The Reds are also expected to deal David Weathers. More on this once we have more info.
    Mill: Morning Coffee, Pot II

by Will Carroll

The Rays remain Plan B with Jason Bay, but they haven’t put up the
    prospects in quality or quantity that the Pirates want in return. The
    Rays have also made some inquiries regarding Adam Dunn, though they
    were very cursory. It’s unclear whether Dunn could still be traded,
    assuming that the Ken Griffey deal is completed. Don’t expect much to
    happen here—the Reds would want “three premium prospects” in return
    for Dunn.
    Baseball Prospectus

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: Dunn Watch '08

Let's hope Carroll is correct. I am ok with moving Dunn if the return is right, the same could be said for any player on the team. However, Dunn historically to the rumor mill has had low value with players who would never meet his production level. If the Reds could score that king of pay load, which it is unlikely they would, I could understand trading him.

This gives me hope though. Let another team knock your socks off or keep the 28 year old slugger who is durable, gets on base and is one of the most consistent sluggers in baseball.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Really I think there is little talk with Dunn right now. Bay is getting considered by teams much more than he is. Which tells me that the clock would expire far before a trade for Dunn could happen. Especially when a team would be skeptical about making a trade in that caliber.

For fun though, would you trade Dunn for Brignac or David Price? I highly doubt David Price could be had, but many have been asking for him. Just a thought.

Ultimately I want Dunn to stay. Dunn and Bruce in our corners means great things for this team's future.

MLB ERA

It seems like Dunn's value is always low, and it doesn't make much sense. Everybody wants Bay, but those same teams don't seem eager to trade for Dunn. I agree that the Reds should keep him if they can't get something good for him, and it doesn't look like teams think Dunn is worth their best prospects. The Diamondbacks offered Tracy for Dunn. That is insane.

MLB ERA

They won't go for it, and I don't know why, but I'd kinda like to see Dunn in a Mets jersey. Hypotehtically, what would you guys be looking for in return?

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Top tier prospects like Fernando Martinez and more

MLB ERA

really? That's interesting, because I had heard that the Reds' demands were lower, more like a Mike Carp or Rob Parnell along with a second guy at that level. No way the Mets will part with F-Mart for Dunn, nor should they.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by ljshorty89 View Post
    really? That's interesting, because I had heard that the Reds' demands were lower, more like a Mike Carp or Rob Parnell along with a second guy at that level. No way the Mets will part with F-Mart for Dunn, nor should they.
    The Reds wanted Jeff Niemann and Jeremy Hellickson from the Rays for Dunn.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Exactly the point in mentioning he is undervalued. Dude leads baseball in HRs. Dude is ridiculous in the OPS and OBP categories every year. GMs see this as many fans do and it's insane.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ljshorty89 View Post
    And no way the Reds should part with Dunn for guys like that.

Adam Dunn is the only player on this team or in this system that can produce runs at his quantity. Bruce might be able to exceed him if he fully develops, but no one else really comes close and that's why the Reds need to cling on for dear life. It makes little sense paying Harang, Arroyo, and Cordero tons of money next season if they lose a player like Dunn.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

I have a sinking feeling that Jocketty and the DBacks are still in conversations.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by redsrbetter View Post
    Exactly the point in mentioning he is undervalued. Dude leads baseball in HRs. Dude is ridiculous in the OPS and OBP categories every year. GMs see this as many fans do and it's insane.

I don't think I've ever seen a player leading the league in HRs, that has been so undervalued.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Me neither. It's insane!

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by redsrbetter View Post
    I have a sinking feeling that Jocketty and the DBacks are still in conversations.
    For Chad Tracy? Let's hope Cincinnati stocks vomit buckets, because I'll need a few.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

I think Jocketty declined that and may be asking for something bigger. DBacks know they have to get a big bat. So, they could get desperate and offer up more.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast