Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Game Thread 06/11 Orioles @ Reds

Game Thread 06/11 Orioles @ Reds

Claussen doing a SUPER job today on the mound.

nice homerun by my boy Dunn!

Lopez grand slam

Unfreaking believable, Lopez now has six RBI's for the night.

As a poster on another board said, we might actually have two starters after tonight with era's under 4.00.

Tremere... this is kind of off topic, but I was just curious.

Have you decided on a college to attend?

It's a final 10-1 Reds.

AAA ERA
    hey guys....what did griff do tonite?

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    So glad to see my boy Claussen have this kind of a game. He might not end up the ace we envisioned but if he can turn into a solid 3/4.... that would be great considering he is a lefty.

AAA ERA
    hey mission can you rezize a pic for me to make it an avatar?

MLB ERA
    Could this be Claussen turning the corner and improving to be a major league pitcher? He should be well past the point where Tommy John Surgery should still bother him.

Anyone see how his MPH on his pitches were? I know he was one of the ones that seemed to have lost something this year compared to past years.
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes

MLB ERA
    Nice to see a good start by Claussen, although I'm not sold on him. With his WHIP(1.48), his ERA will likely go up unless he has starts more like tonight's.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by griffeyfan30
    hey mission can you rezize a pic for me to make it an avatar?
    Send me the pic via PM.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CincyRedsFan30
    With his WHIP(1.48), his ERA will likely go up unless he has starts more like tonight's.
    I agree. But hopefully with him actually excelling in a night game and against a first place team with guys who can bat, we at least got some hope tonight even if it's small.

MLB ERA
    Oh, I agree, those type of numbers are definitely encouraging. I just hope we start seeing them more consistently. He's able to use his breaking ball more effectively when he gets ahead in the count, so he needs to talk to Harang about consistently doing that(since Harang at last check was the league-leader in first-pitch strikes).
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

Quote Originally Posted by Cincy
    Tremere... this is kind of off topic, but I was just curious.

Have you decided on a college to attend?
    If you don't mind, could you refresh my memory from when I was talking about the colleges? I know there is another poster here who was looking at colleges, too.

You know, at first I wanted to be a nurse, but there are some things that I'm not sure I could stomach, and my wife is constantly stressed out from the way nurses are treated. She's been in that field for 15 years, and there are many that would say that without a doubt she's one of the best in the business, as far as nursing homes go. She's without question the best nurse at her current employer. So, I will go with her word that the field is getting worse. Sure, demand for nurses is becoming greater and greater, but there a number of reasons why and they aren't all good.

The other fields I'm looking at are Business Management and Accounting. I'm not one that is blessed with a great sales personality, and without the personality for it, practice won't help a whole lot. I'm more a perfectionist type person, and have a knack for recognizing strengths and weaknesses in others, so I could see myself either consulting (such as rebuilding programs or businesses) running a small shop where there is little corporate bull**** around the water cooler. Also, I do love crunching numbers, but only when it makes money. I did get a B+ in an Accounting I course I took back in 1999, but I was afraid of the field so went the computer science route (where I also chickened out and wound up in Information Systems). Just recently I bought a VERY
    popular accounting introduction-type book that has totally changed the way I think about managing resources to make a profit. Sad to say this, but I learned more from reading half of this book then I did in a whole semester of accounting. It's a hell of a lot of fun to read!

Given my struggles to break into the IT field (which is damn near impossible unless you know someone, have a four-year degree or extremely lucky in having the exact certifications an employer or "stupid HR person" is looking for), I'm looking for a more secure career field with the opportunity to work from home or at least on a 9-5 schedule. I think that both business management and accounting would offer that, and to some degree nursing would . Still, the nursing field is very "caddy" as my wife likes to call it, and the males in the field are still given all the hard work (lifting 400-500 pound patients) and referred to as "the male nurse" or "nurse that wanted to be a doctor, but couldn't make it".

I've been around nursing homes a lot, and if I was a nurse it would go against my mission in life to "help people be the best they can be" in an environment where I am supposed to "help people live until their dying days". I've also wanted to be a teacher, because I'm a "tough love" kind of guy. I love watching others succeed, and I enjoy placing people into situations where they can do that (maybe Miley ought to give me a call, LOL!).

Some have told me that I ought to be a career counselor or consultant. Who knows? The universities closest to me are:

Eastern Kentucky University (more of a rural setting, something I'd feel comfortable with)

University of Kentucky (in my conversations they appear to care the least)

Northern Kentucky University (my sister is working on her MBA there, and she still isn't employed, though I say that has more to do with her than the insititution, LOL)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast