Thread: Back to Back rough nights by young starters

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Reds Back to Back rough nights by young starters

Cincy has back to back rough nights for starting pitching. Last night, the Rockies put up 7 hits and 5 runs on Volquez in only 4 innings. He only threw 99 pitches, and took the loss.

Tonight, the Rockies get 15 hits and 5 runs against Bailey who only went 4.2 innings. He looked all over the place tonight...it seems like he went deep in the count against each batter he faced.

What happened? I thought Bailey and Volquez were supposed to be absolutely sick?
    -Chris
    Don't let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Re: Back to Back rough nights by young starters

Volquez is absolutely siick, but I am afraid he has gotten a bit worn down of late. But I'm sure he'll be fine. Bailey, he is still on the cusp of breaking out. I still have faith.

Rookie
    Rookie ERA

Re: Back to Back rough nights by young starters

Quote Originally Posted by henks View Post

What happened? I thought Bailey and Volquez were supposed to be absolutely sick?
    I agree... Volquez is sick and I think he will be our Ace very soon...I think Homer Bailey is a Bust( I have been saying it all season). Im not sure if it was the organizations fault with making him change up to many things or not. Lack of run support has hurt. We need to get more than 1 run..... enough said.

Official Strike 3 Forums NIT Champion 2008