Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Game Thread For 6/10---O's @ Reds

Isn't there a rule about beating a dead horse?

tremere has beat the dead horse 10 feet under.

I've said it before/I'll say it again

If you guys are unhappy with Dunn, I'd love to have him on the Red Sox.
    http://strike3forums.com/forums/phot...pelbon2006.jpg

Then out of fairness to the others you will be Slagathor.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishercat

Not all Reds fans are like that. Red Sox fans would love Dunn though. They don't care how much a guy k's as long as he produces like Dunn does.

A few crackheads like to bash a player any chance they get. Tremere called Harang a Milton clone a little while ago.

Sox fans are pretty harsh...but they often forget the struggles when he does something big (read Bellhorn, Mark).

Just allow me to have one tiny baseball fantasy

Dunn/Ortiz/Manny in RF/DH/LF....*drool*

Could you imagine Dunn hitting 2nd in front of Ortiz/Manny? He would get so many great pitches to hit. He would probably hit 50 homers a year and post an OBP around .450

MLB ERA
    I was watching the scoreboard at Minute Maid and saw that Harang had the one bad inning, but he was good overall against one of the better offenses in baseball. Our offense let us down tonight. That's one thing this team seems to do: whenever we have an awful pitching performance, our offense seems to have a decent night pretty often, but when our pitching has a good night and keeps us in the game, too often we seem to struggle scoring runs. Ugh.

Good to hear your power is back on mission. Did a storm knock it out? Looks like I'll be arriving back in town late Sunday afternoon to the remains of the Tropical Storm which should start hitting pretty hard at that time.

We didn't take pics. at the game tonight, but it was a good game. I got a Clemens Astros t-shirt, which could be quite valuable soon, and we got to see Brad "Lights Out" Lidge in the 9th. He gave up a leadoff single, and then K'd the side after that. I wish Graves had been like that. He might still be with the team right now.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Yup. A good chunk of Dayton didn't have power for hours. It was a pretty bad storm that went through.

Anyway, gotta dig the 10 K, 7 IP performance from Harang. Especially with it being againt a top team.

MLB ERA
    Wow. That sounds bad. I also see a few reports of flooding on the National Weather Service Storm Reports page.

I hadn't even checked Harang's specifics yet, but good to see another double-digit K game. I think the Colorado game was just a matter of the "Coors Issue". He was even good until the elevation caught up with him(and the heat). We must hold onto him and build the rest of the rotation around him. I'm hoping Hudson joins him in that "building" situation.

Oh, and I got to hear the French National Anthem tonight since the 'Stros were playing the Jays. That was the first time I'd heard that in a few years, since I hadn't been to any Reds/Expos games.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Quote Originally Posted by CincyRedsFan30
    I was watching the scoreboard at Minute Maid and saw that Harang had the one bad inning, but he was good overall against one of the better offenses in baseball. Our offense let us down tonight. That's one thing this team seems to do: whenever we have an awful pitching performance, our offense seems to have a decent night pretty often, but when our pitching has a good night and keeps us in the game, too often we seem to struggle scoring runs. Ugh.

Good to hear your power is back on mission. Did a storm knock it out? Looks like I'll be arriving back in town late Sunday afternoon to the remains of the Tropical Storm which should start hitting pretty hard at that time.

We didn't take pics. at the game tonight, but it was a good game. I got a Clemens Astros t-shirt, which could be quite valuable soon, and we got to see Brad "Lights Out" Lidge in the 9th. He gave up a leadoff single, and then K'd the side after that. I wish Graves had been like that. He might still be with the team right now.
    the offense is shocked that a Reds pitcher was pitching good.

MLB ERA
    LOL. True. We usually seem to only have a start like that one every fifth game, so they can't get used to something like that outing happening.

AA ERA
    the reds had plenty of shots to go ahead with i think bases loaded i know twice in an inning just of course didnt capitialize..

Quote Originally Posted by Fishercat

I'll trade ya Johnny Damon for Adam Dunn. You get a powerhitter, I get a leadoff hitter with power.

Quote Originally Posted by AdamDunn#44
    Not all Reds fans are like that. Red Sox fans would love Dunn though. They don't care how much a guy k's as long as he produces like Dunn does.

A few crackheads like to bash a player any chance they get. Tremere called Harang a Milton clone a little while ago.
    Violating the TOS again, are we?

Adam Dunn doesn't "produce". Take away his homeruns with few or no men on base, and tell me he "produces". What a joke. He's the laughing stock of Marty Brenneman (I'll take his word over your's) and the rest of the NL has figured Dunn out.

I'll bet you 10-1 that Dunn wouldn't fetch a young, talented #1 starter in a trade.

...like to bash a player any chance they get
    This little tidbit leaves me to wonder how old you are. It is called "emotion". When fans are pleased, they show up at the ballpark. When theyh aren't, they don't. I can love my Reds, but not exactly love Adam Dunn. And, I can be disappointed with the Reds anytime I want! Comprehende?

I think you need to pay a bit more attention to the histories of players. Circa 2004, Harang was very much a Milton-type player, and....if you pay attention to his record this year, it goes like this:

4 Wins, ERA 1.61, Opponent Win Pct. .490
    4 Losses, ERA 5.71, Opponent Win Pct. .531

If you need any other help, let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by AdamDunn#44
    Could you imagine Dunn hitting 2nd in front of Ortiz/Manny? He would get so many great pitches to hit. He would probably hit 50 homers a year and post an OBP around .450
    You are correct on two accounts, wrong on one.

Correct:

- would likely hit 50 HR's
    - would likely have an OBP as high as you're suggesting

Wrong

- that would be in a different role, since the Reds have power hitters already (Griffey, Kearns, Pena, unless of course you forgot about them). On the Reds, though, his role is to.....again.....drive in runners......and he isn't doing that doing effectively........you accused me earlier of beating a dead horse, appears I'm not the only beating a drum to an empty tribe.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast